We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moxie Falls

Which Greenville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
erie, pa
reviews: 3
Moxie Falls

Is the easiest way to get to Moxie Falls really down the logging road past the landfill? We have tried to get up there twice in the past decade while visiting the area with NO SUCCESS! We really want to get the kids there this year, now that we don't have to hike with them strapped onto us! If any one has some tips on better roads please let us know:) Peace.

Edited: 8:52 pm, April 14, 2010
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 131
1. Re: Moxie Falls

Have never tried to get there myself, but did a Google search of Moxie Falls just for the heck of it.... At least a couple of sites include driving directions that may or may not match your previous experiences..... Might help to check them out....

I do know from talking to people who have been there that part of the intrigue of Moxie Falls is that it takes a bit of effort to get to the trailhead, so the route you mention may, in fact, be what it takes to get there.

Some of my best experiences in the Maine woods have begun with some of the worst roads I've ever driven....but the destination has been worth it once I arrived.

erie, pa
reviews: 3
2. Re: Moxie Falls

True, we love finding new spots to hike, but this road is tough, maybe if we took the trucks up, but not in a subaru, or toyota, or pacifica! We will try the suzuki out this year and see how she does!

Greenville, Maine
reviews: 1
3. Re: Moxie Falls

We provide our guests at the Lodge at Moosehead Lake with directions to Moxie Falls that are easy and all by highway. In the guest rooms are complete information on hikes, fishing and much more. This is better than you can get from the chamber and updated by our guests. I hope this helps.

Take Hwy 6/15 South from Greenville to Abbot Village (Approx. 22 miles). Turn right onto Hwy 16 and follow it until it connects to Hwy 201 (approx 25 miles) Turn right onto Hwy 201 and after approx. 22.5 miles turn right on Moxie Lake Rd. (past Kennebec Brewery and The Forks) Follow Moxie Lake Rd. Approx. 2 miles to a well-marked parking area. The falls are approx ¾ mile from the parking area.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 131
4. Re: Moxie Falls

There you go, Moosehead11 -- guess we both learned something!

Thanks for the post Ibortis.

Mainer--

Jacksonville...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Moxie Falls

I went white water rafting with Northeast Guide Service on the Kennebec river in Maine. The trip took us right by Moxie stream and Moxie lake. The guides pointed out where to hike in for the falls. It's a huge waterfall, 90 feet, and definitely worth the drive

Boston
6. Re: Moxie Falls

Definitely gonna put Moxie Falls on the things to find list ...

My wife and I are spending a week on Prong Pond soon , and it's our second time in the Moosehead area .. so the week will be a nice combination of hiking, flat-water kayaking, and discovering nature ..

7. Re: Moxie Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2010