We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

Which Playa Maroma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guayaquil, Ecuador
reviews: 1
Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

Hi there, I'll be going to Secrets Maroma Beach in September and have been reading the forum for some travel tips and whatnot. Here's my question: Is it better to book transfer service from airport to my hotel in advance or just get a taxi on arrival?

The companies I've seen so far (Cancun Transfers, USA Transfers) are charging around $80 for a round trip for two.

Also, we're planning on heading to La Quinta Avenida for a few hours one day and taking a trip to Tulum and Xel Ha. What's the best way for getting around? Just hail a taxi? Make prior arrangements? Maybe even rent a car?

Massachusetts
reviews: 23
11. Re: Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

Ok, I haven't had my coffee yet, but are they now offering transfers by horse?

Hayward, CA
reviews: 16
12. Re: Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

I recommend Cancun Transfers. We have used them for the past 5 years and the service, and price, is excellent. One year our flight was delayed getting in because we had an "electrical problem" about an hour out of DFW and had to return, wait, and change planes. We got in 5 hours late and our Cancun Transfers rep was right there to greet us when we got out of the door at the airport! They are always on right on time to pick us up at SMB. Their vehicles, which have always been large SUV's even there are only two of us, are comfortable and clean. We have booked transfers to SMB with them again for our upcoming late August trip!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
13. Re: Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

quote: We got in 5 hours late and our Cancun Transfers rep was right there to greet us

All transfer companies monitor the flights so don't worry

14. Re: Booking a transfer from airport vs getting a taxi on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma