We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 1
Public Transport

Is there any public transport (bus) routes from Villegly to Carcassonne?

6 replies to this topic
England
reviews: 20
1. Re: Public Transport

There seem to be some limited services, although practically nothing at weekends. Choose Villegly from the list on this website to get the timetables:

http://www.teissier.fr/horaires.htm

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Public Transport

Thank you for that Celestina - I will check that out

Finland
reviews: 156
3. Re: Public Transport

Hi there, was just curious and found this. No idea if it is up to date. Almost every village in France has some kind of a bus service, I guess it's the law to have this arranged. http://www.teissier.fr/horaires_rieux.pdf

From Villegly to Carcassonne it seems to be some 8 miles, and a taxi would cost 25-30 euros I guess.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Public Transport

"Almost every village in France has some kind of a bus service,"

I am afraid that is far from the case. Many villages only have school buses. Many villages and even small towns have no bus service at all. It is not needed.

VILLEGLY is actually quite well off, with four buses on weekdays and one on Saturdays.

Finland
reviews: 156
5. Re: Public Transport

There is a kind of "service minimum" the Prefecture has to arrange according to some rules / laws. I have no time to check further. For residents only, it is sometimes arranged by taxi or an appointment based bus "creabus".

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
6. Re: Public Transport

Yes there are 'on demand' buses or shared taxis available once or twice a week for residents and these are sometimes available to non residents if booked in advance, but it is an inescapable fact that public transport is non existent in many rural areas.

Some friends of mine live in a different region, in a village population 1400 and the nearest bus stop except for school buses is 8km distant.

Edited: 11:57 am, August 26, 2013
Reply to: Public Transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Villegly
Recent Conversations