We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

Which Boothbay Harbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auburn, Maine
reviews: 10
Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

could anyone suggest a hotel that is reasonably priced and has a view or the Habour to watch the Windjammer parade? Thanks in advance for your help. Also any good resturants in the area would be helpful as well. Thanks again

Maine
reviews: 3
1. Re: Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

Hi my3sonsMe,

I can't vouch for the prices, but I would suggest checking out any of the motels on the east side of the harbor on Atlantic Ave. They are the Captain Fish Motel, Boothbay Harbor Inn, and Brown's Wharf Motel. There's also the Rocktide, but it'll be much more expensive than the ones I mentioned. Also check out any B&B's located on the waterside of Union St. or Atlantic Ave. All of the motels mentioned are directly on the water and will have views of the Windjammers. Some of the B&B's are on the water, some across the street and may or may not have views.

Being on the eastside is great as you're slightly removed from the thick of things, yet only a short 5 to 10 minute walk over the footbridge to all the shops, restaurants, etc. Plus you get the beautiful sunsets. There are also quite a few great places to eat and a nice art gallery.

Go to www.boothbayharbor.com, the Chamber's site and they'll have links to almost all accomodations so you can research what appeals to you.

Good luck with your trip and don't forget to post back and tell us all about it!

cozyharbor

Auburn, Maine
2. Re: Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

Thank you for the great advice. I rented a cabin from Brown's Wharf. It is one that allows pets although i do not have a pet.. I just hope it does not smell like a dog... What are good restaurants in the area on Browns wharf? Thank you again for your help. Have a great day!

Maine
reviews: 3
3. Re: Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

Hi my3sonsME,

I'm betting the cabin will be fine and won't smell. Brown's has a good reputation and is well maintained.

From Browns, you can easily walk to Boothbay Harbor Lobster (formerly the Co-op); the Lobster Dock, Carousel, the Rocktide and the Boothbay Harbor Inn.

Of the above listed, my fav's are the Lobster Dock and the Rocktide. There are two dining areas at the Rocktide, one formal and one casual. Opt for the casual side.

In downtown BBH, I like the Blue Moon Cafe and the Ebbtide for breakfast and/or lunch. The Ebb Tide's been around forever and the food is good, basic homestyle cooking and inexpensive.

McSeagull's for great location (on the harbor)and atmosphere (food is good but nothing great; its all about location here)for dinner. They have live entertainment starting around 8.

The bar areas of the Thistle and Uptown Grill where the menu's are more affordable. Plus they're more casual and sometimes live entertainment.

For great pizza, sports viewing, Pier One Pizza.

Off the beaten path are Robinson's Wharf on Southport Island. They are a lobster shack sort of place. Are right on the water and offer everything from burgers to lobster to sandwiches, to ice cream.

There's also a hotdog/burger to go kind of place called Dunton's Doghouse on Sea St. Good stuff, cheap!

Good luck with your trip and have a wonderful time :).

cozyharbor

Auburn, Maine
4. Re: Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

Cozyharbor thanks so much for all your wonderful suggestions. It's nice to have an expert in the area your are planning to visit. I can not wait to go the 25th. It should be an awesome time. I will probly check all the resturants that you suggest to see what menus jump out at me! You have given so many and I appreciate your time replying. Thank you again I can't wait to start checking menus. :)

5. Re: Best Hotel to view Windjammer parade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, December 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor