We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofia to Belgrade by bus or train

Tynemouth, United...
reviews: 38
Sofia to Belgrade by bus or train

Are there plenty of transport links between Sofia and Belgrade, and roughly how long would it take to travel?

Thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
reviews: 9
1. Re: Sofia to Belgrade by bus or train

I have a hunch, DannyM77, that you meant the other Belgrade. ;->

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 25
2. Re: Sofia to Belgrade by bus or train

Lots of buses go between Sofia and Belgrade, just ask at the bus station as different companies have different prices and times, though most seem to take 9 hours, or so they say.

I took a train from Sofia, departing at 12:40 PM. On schedule, it was supposed to be an eight-hour ride but once the train crossed the Serbian border, it went along so fast that stray dogs were passing it. The journey was more like 10 hours long. I paid about 15 euros for the trip.

The train was mostly empty so advance bookings aren't necessary. Tickets for the route are only sold by Rila offices. There's one in the train station, to the left of the entrances past the ATM and money exchange place.

3. Re: Sofia to Belgrade by bus or train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belgrade
More Belgrade Topics