We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs & Hotel

Which Bangor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 3
Pubs & Hotel

I too am traveling to Nova Scotia and would like a place to stay for one night. I looked up a few hotels and found a Howard Johnson that was pretty cheap, any input on that? I will only be sleeping for a few hours, from about midnight to 7am, so I am not in need of anything fancy.

Also, is there any pubs or a place to unwind before bed with a few coctails?

Bradley, Maine
reviews: 11
1. Re: Pubs & Hotel

There are a few inexpensive places right there. I think they've updated the HoJo's recently. The Ramada Inn is across the street from there.

It's kinda all in a bit of an overnight lodging- industrial type area. There is a Ground Round which is actually quite good and has a good bar room/good eats. There is a bar in the Ramada (kinda dance cheesy pick up place) and another called Pete & Larry's which is in the Holiday Inn Odlin Rd. That is popular with the flying in and out crew. Oh ya, they are all at the end of the airport runway... just an FYI.

Connecticut
2. Re: Pubs & Hotel

Thanks for the quick reply Baxter!

How far is Onlin (sp) Rd. off the highway? Is there another area for quick overnight stays?

Connecticut
3. Re: Pubs & Hotel

Also, what time to the pubs close in this area? We would not be getting in until about Midnight on a Wednesday evening.

Bradley, Maine
reviews: 11
4. Re: Pubs & Hotel

Odlin Rd, is IMMEDIATLEY off the highway. The pubs will be getting close to closing. I'm not 100% sure, but I think G.R. served food till midnight and it's illegal in Maine to serve after 12:30am. They may start early though?