We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Monroe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast Missouri
Level Contributor
243 posts
36 reviews

I'm having difficulty deciding where to stay when passing through NE Louisiana and have settled upon trying to find something in Monroe. The reviews seemed to be mixed with none of the hotels standing out. Anyone have thoughts on the best place to stay for someone wanting to rest from the road? We're looking for a clean, comfortable bed, good restaurants for dinner nearby, and complimentary breakfast before heading out the next morning without spending a lot of our vacation budget.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
344 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: hotels?

When I was there, it seemed that the nicer or better conditioned hotels were in West Monroe. There is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn there and a Quality Inn and Suites that I would reccommend. There is more as far as food around the Quality Inn, but getting around this area is very easy. If you really want to stay in Monroe, I would suggest the Courtyard Marriott. It is right by I20 at the Pecanland Mall, but far enough from the train that you should be able to sleep. I would stay away from the Residence Inn because it is right on the train tracks and you can really hear and feel it. There are not a lot of good hotel options in the nicer parts of Monroe and convenient to I20.

You may also consider Ruston about 25 min away on I20. There are a few new hotels off the interstate and some new restaurants like a Chili's. It's a smaller town, but may be adequate for an overnight stay.

2. Re: hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monroe
More Monroe Topics