We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Which Monroe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock, AR
reviews: 76
Any good places to eat in Monroe?

My husband and I will be in Monroe later in the week and are looking for some good food. I've thought about crawfish b/c it's hard to get good ones where we live now but am not sure where to go.

We are also open to other places/types of foods as well. We're not looking for anything fancy, just good food. It's a night out for us without our toddler and it's been years since we use to go to college in Ruston, so we're not quite sure what might be good around that area any more. Any ideas?

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 9
1. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

I just got back from spending a month in Monroe. I tried to eat at all local places and I thought the food was pretty good.

For crawfish, I would suggest Cormier's on Forsythe. I thought it was really good. I have heard other people talk about Crawfish City saying it was too. I did not go there, so I cannot say for sure.

One of the best places in town to go for a nice dinner is The Warehouse. If the weather is nice, you can sit on the patio and overlook the river. If I remember correctly, they are not open on Sunday or Monday.

Little Rock, AR
2. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions! We actually ate at Cormier's a few years ago--the crawfish were good!

In all the years I lived close to Monroe, I never went to the Wharehouse, so that might be a consideration as well. It would be nice to eat out on the balcony if the weather is nice. How dressy do you need to be to eat there?

I just heard about a place called Gabbeaux's. It's supposed to be a Cajun place in West Monroe on the river. Did you try that by any chance? My husband liked their website b/c he really wants good gumbo and/or red beans and rice and they serve both (along with multiple other Cajun dishes that sound good as well).

Richmond, Virginia
3. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

For the Warehouse, you can be dressy or casual. I saw both. I wore a nice pair of jeans and a sweater and that was fine. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a T-shirt, but I don't think they would mind.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time in West Monroe, so I didn't make it to Gabbeaux's. I'd be curious to know if it was good. I did have some gumbo at Portico in Monroe that was really good. I love to eat and try to new places, and there was a lot I never made it to.

Little Rock, AR
4. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Thanks for replying about The Warehouse. If we end up trying Gabbeaux's, I'll try to post back on here. We like trying new places too, and we're really in the mood for some good food while in LA!

Alexandria, LA
reviews: 13
5. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Cormier's Crawfish are good, and the Warehouse is quite good. I am rarely there for supper, just mostly on business for lunch. I really like Palmyra, a greek/lebanese restaurant on 18th St. Not typical La fare, but since i live here, I enjoy non-La food when i can get it. There are some good BBQ spots, like BBQ West, if you like that sort of thing. There is a Copelands out near the Mall.

Little Rock, AR
6. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Thanks for the ideas Engelsmung. My husband is actually from the Pineville area (I noticed you're from Alex). Since we don't get much Cajun food up here in central AR, we are really craving some. We won't be able to get down to South LA on this trip, so we're hoping something in Monroe will do the trick!

Mandeville, LA
reviews: 2
7. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

The WareHouse

Little Rock, AR
8. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

We should have gone to the Warehouse! We went to Gabbeaux's and weren't really that happy with it. It wasn't very busy but the 2 (and then just 1) waitresses seemed rushed and were not friendly. We never got checked on once the food was dropped off. The soft drinks were horrible--too much carbination, apparently. My food wasn't very good, but I do think that was my fault more than theirs. After all these years, I think my tastes have changed and I don't care as much for crawfish anymore. My husband had red beans & rice and said it was good. We shared some gumbo and that was pretty good as well. Live and learn, right...

We went to Not Just Pie (on Forsythe in Monore) for dessert and that was delicious! They have some things for lunch as well, if anyone wants to try them out--quiche, soup, sandwiches. They also have a lot of pie (along with cake and cheesecake) and we were both happy with the kinds we tried.

Richmond, Virginia
9. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

Sorry Gabbeaux's wasn't that great.

I had wanted to go to Not Just Pie and never made it. If I am ever back, I will surely go. Thanks for sharing this.

Little Rock, AR
10. Re: Any good places to eat in Monroe?

The pie at Not Just Pie is quite yummy! My husband had apple pie w/ ice cream and I had fudge pie w/ ice cream--both were great! I wish I had tried the caramel banana pie, though. I saw it after we finished and my gosh, it looked great!

Get answers to your questions about Monroe