We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Monroe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
reviews: 5
Help

We are coming through there this July and would like to stay the night on our way through. Is there a bad part of town that we need to stay away from - we have two small kids. Also is there anything for to take the kids to do while we are there?

thanks

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 9
1. Re: Help

I just got back from being there a month. I stayed at the Residence Inn, which was nice. However, the train is extremely close and if you are a light sleeper, I would stay elsewhere.

The Courtyard Marriott is close by, but a little further from the train. You would be right at the Mall, which was safe and close to I 20.

I knew some people who stayed at la Quinta on 165 and I was told to avoid that area.

I believe anything in the W Monroe area would be fine. I knew someone who stayed at The Quality Inn and had a nice stay.

As far as things to do for kids...I know there is a nice zoo. I did not do a lot of kid type things, but I do someone who took their 5 year old to the Biedenharn Museum and they enjoyed that.

Sterlington...
reviews: 76
2. Re: Help

In Monroe I would avoid anything south of 20.

3. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monroe
More Monroe Topics