We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boudin "Crawl"

Which Lafayette hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 62
Boudin "Crawl"

Working on a Boudin Crawl for Mardi Gras trip.

On previous trips we've visited T-Boys near Ville-Platte, Don's and Best Stop.

For this trip I'm thinking Earl's, Kirk's U-Needa-Butcher, Johnson's Boucaniere, Early's Food Store, NuNu's Fresh Market and Richard's Meat Market.

Any other suggestions?

Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

There's an ole gal from Texas on Chowhound that could help you. Go to Chowhound.Com's LA forum and search. You will find some good ones. Good luck.

Breaux Bridge...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

I am fond of two Breaux Bridge varieties. One is Charlie-T's on Rees Street. The other is at Poché's. Rocky has some good stuff, by all accounts, at Bayou Cabins. All three can be tracked down via http://boudinlink.com/, which I recommend because it's by locals for locals and visitors. Bon appétit.

New Orleans...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

Poche's has a nice selection. They ship and pack.

Lafayette, Louisiana
reviews: 2
4. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

My absolute favorite boudin is from Johnson's Boucaniere.

Junction, Texas
reviews: 4
5. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

And "boudin crawl" means what? Going from place to place tasting boudin

till you have to crawl home?

Is it sold in less than whole links?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
reviews: 62
6. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

Boudin Crawl is just a take on a pub crawl - you got it. There wer three of us and at the start we each ordered a link a piece, by the fourth or fifth we were sharing two and at the end we were not opposed abandoning less than superior boudin.

I'll have to check my notes - yes I took notes, but they are much clearer from the first few sites, the Andygators might have had something to do with that.

We had a great time, met some fun folks, and had some fantastic Boudin.

7. Re: Boudin "Crawl"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 21, 2013