We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
reviews: 1
Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

We will be driving home from (moving my dtr. to) Nashville on Fri. June 29. On the way down we noticed signs warning of long delays and lots of traffic for a NASCAR race June 28- June 30th. We are exhausted from the move and need to find the quickest way back to Ohio ( I71). Any info would be so very much appreciated!

1. Re: Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

I'm not really sure about this route, but try to go up I65 north but go on the bluegrass pkwy??? towards lexington and pick up I75 and head to ohio that way. I'm not looking at a map so i'm not really sure of which parkway to take from I65 to get to the Lexington area to pick up I75, sorry, but just a thought!!

Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 12
2. Re: Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

You are VERYwise to avoid I-71 by all means possible during race day. Last year long stretches of I-71 came to a complete stop for hours on both sides of Kentucky Speedway exit . Agree with the post above that your best alternative route is via the Bluegrass Parkway - formally name is the Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway. You'll only be adding about 20 minutes to your total trip from Nashville as compared with the route using I-71. You'll get off of I-65 and onto the Bluegrass Parkway near Elizabethtown. Here are the details...

Take exit 93 for Blue Grass Pkwy toward Bardstown/Lexington. Bluegrass Pkwy ends at the junction with US-60. Take exit 72A to merge onto US-60 E/Lexington Rd and travel toward Lexington for about 6 miles. Just past the airport on the outer edge of Lexington you will get onto New Circle Road (KY-4) interchange and you want to head north on New Circle – by taking the second entrance ramp that loops you onto New Circle road. Follow New Circle to exit 9b – which is KY-922 N (Newtown Pike Road). After getting onto Newtown Pike you’ll see the signs for I-75 in about 2 miles. Follow signs to I-75 north and you're on your way to Cinci.

ohio
3. Re: Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

Thank you both sooooooooo very much for your help. I will take your advice

4. Re: Trying to get home to Ohio- need help around Louisville Ky!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2013