We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lexington visit from boston

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
lexington visit from boston

would like to fly out of providence ri on july 17th and visit lexington for a few days before driving to pittsburgh for the weekend to see relatives. what is the best place to fly into near lexington and best route to pittsburgh? Thanks for your help

Georgetown, Kentucky
reviews: 1
1. Re: lexington visit from boston

Best route is thru Eastern KY on I-64 and then up through WV. There is an airport in Lexington or for a better price you can fly to Louisville (SDF) and drive the 1.25 hours to Lexington.

Redlands, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: lexington visit from boston

Cincinnati is also an airport option--not much farther than Louisville.

Georgetown, Kentucky
reviews: 1
3. Re: lexington visit from boston

Check fares:-) Forgot N.KY/Cincy airport...I never fly in or out of there because they are usually one of the most expensive airports in the country to fly out of surprisingly.

Pittsburgh
reviews: 101
4. Re: lexington visit from boston

The route to Pittsburgh suggested in post 1 is the most scenic, and is less congested, as it misses Columbus and Cincinnati. Instead, the only city of any significance that you will encounter is Charleston, the capital of West Virginia. However, in my experience it is quicker to take I-75 to I-71 to I-70, even with taking the ring roads around Columbus and Cincinnati.

5. Re: lexington visit from boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014