We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Park

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hiram,Ga
reviews: 8
Horse Park

We would like to stay close to the Horse Park . What is the closest hotel and how does it rate?(hotel and Horse Park)

6 replies to this topic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Horse Park

The closest hotels are at the Newtown pike exit. There is a Marriott, Clarion, Five points by Sheraton, Embassy suites, la Quinta, and I think a Fairfield. Another choice would be to stay nearby in Georgetown.

Pittsburgh
reviews: 82
2. Re: Horse Park

Right down Newton Pike (southbound) from the hotels listed in post 1 are a Courtyard by Marriott Lexington North, and a Residence Inn. The Fairfield mentioned in post 1 is the newest of the bunch, but at lest some of the double queen rooms there are really puny. The Mariott is the Griffin Gate resort, which is nice, but pricy. The Embassy Suites is also nice and relaticely new, but it is also pricy. The Clarion used to be a Holiday Inn but has had a makeover the past few years. I normally stay at the Courtyard North because it is not too close to a highway, and is moderately priced. If you look at the TA hotel ratings, you can see reviews for all of the Lexington and Georgetown hotels near the Horse Park.

Kentucky
reviews: 11
3. Re: Horse Park

Just found out yesterday that now when you buy an admission ticket for the Horse Park, you get in for free on the next calendar day. Not sure if this is a permanent change, but...what a great deal. Especially for those who arriving in the afternoon. "Cause it really takes at least one full day to see everything out there.

Hiram,Ga
reviews: 8
4. Re: Horse Park

Are there any good restaurants near by also are there any at the park? What do they offer snacks or full course menu at the park?

Pittsburgh
5. Re: Horse Park

The park has the Bit and Bridle Restaurant that is in a separate building that is close to the entrance building. The place used to be cafeteria style, with the food set out where you picked it up and then paid at the end. A few years back, the park began running the food service (previously, an outside contractor provided the food), and the restaurant was changed so that you now go order and pay at the start of what had been the cafeteria line, and servers then bring the food out to your table. This slows down the eating process somewhat, so you have to allow more time when budgeting your time. The food is okay there, and they have TVs in the dining area that generally show live horse racing (although sometimes Kentucky football is shown in the fall). Here is the menu that appears on the website:

kyhorsepark.com/images/pdfs/bit-bridle-menu-…

The park also has the Farmhouse Restaurant, at the back of the park not too far form the Big Barn. It used to be open only to big contributors, and was a very peaceful place as a result. It is now open to everyone, and it is still pretty peaceful, as most people either don't know about it or don't want to walk back to it. It also involves ordering and paying for the food, and then having it delivered to the table. My wife and I prefer the peace and the food there. Here is the Farmhouse lunch menu:

kyhorsepark.com/images/…Farmhouse-menu-lu.pdf

Pittsburgh
6. Re: Horse Park

With respect to the other part of the question in post 4, there are surprisingly no hotels or restaurants at Exit 120 of I-75, where the Horse Park is located. There are lots of fast food and moderately priced sit-down restaurants at Georgetown, which is north of the Horse Park at Exits 125 and 126. For dinner after going to the Horse Park, my wife and I often eat at the Georgetown Frisch's, which is the Big Boy franchise in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.

Reply to: Horse Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted