We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel help, PLEASE

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
reviews: 21
hotel help, PLEASE

having trouble figuring out what is the "better" part of town...have meetings in both Frankfort and at UK, and would like a hotel convenient to UK, but also to hopping on the interstate the morning we head to Frankfort. Will be entering and leaving town via the US 60/airport area.

Have only been to Lex once and stayed at the Doubletree. I liked it a lot, but if i remember it is more east of town, toward 75?

So i see a lot of availability in areas south, southwest, and north of town, off the circle. Is any one area more slammed with traffic, or otherwise worthy of warning?

I do like Hilton properties, but it is NOT mandatory. clean, safe, comfortable, and middle priced is more priority. ($100-150?)

Thanks in advance,

Miller

Lexington, Kentucky
1. Re: hotel help, PLEASE

Your best bet may be the hotels off Newtown Pike exit (115 off I-64/75). Frankfort is easy access via the Interstate and UK is about 20 minutes (depending on traffic). The Embassy Suites is a Hilton affiliated hotel off the exit.

lexington
reviews: 17
2. Re: hotel help, PLEASE

You definitely want to stay out by 64/75. U.S 60 is torn up with road construction and the traffic is terrible. Use the Interstate to get to Frankfort and avoid the U.S. 60 route through Versailles.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 30
3. Re: hotel help, PLEASE

I agree with LexingtonCVB. Stay somewhere off Newtown Pike. Newtown runs into Campus and is right off the interstate. You could technically stay closer to campus by checking out Holiday Inn off Leestown Road (Sharkey Way). Leestown is close to campus but it's a tad bit farther from the interstate but not by much!

4. Re: hotel help, PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 20, 2014