We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 26
Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

We will be spending a few days in the Lexington area to get away and relax! What are some good ideas for a family with children under 4. We are open to any suggestions and yes we love horses!! Youngest child is 1.

Lexington, Kentucky
1. Re: Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

I have a couple of "idea guides" that can help you!

Info on visiting horse farms: www.visitlex.com/idea/horse-farms.php

Info on family attractions and things to do: www.visitlex.com/idea/family.php

Lexington, Kentucky
2. Re: Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

If you're interested in the Explorium, this Groupon was just released: www.groupon.com/deals/explorium-of-lexington…

Pittsburgh
reviews: 91
3. Re: Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

As the out of town cheerleader for the Kentucky Horse Park (I have been there at least once per year every year since 1997), I must say that you need to go there, because it is really the only place in the world where you can see so many types of horses in so many different ways (horse shows, horse riding, horse museums, etc.). They now have a barn devoted to kids, and if you go between Memorial Day and the end of July you can see the mare and foal show, which in recent years has primarily consisted of miniature horses and their babies. They also have two Horses of the World shows each day, and after the shows you can pet the horses. They also have pony rides for little kids. Here is the KHP website:

http://www.kyhorsepark.com/

Sydney, Canada
reviews: 26
4. Re: Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

Thanks for this! Very helpful as I plan a trip for our family which includes a 5 year old!

5. Re: Will be spending a few days with small kids...what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lexington