We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Texas
Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

Traveling from Texas to Lexington for sheepdog trial in May. While in Lexington, would like to find dog friendly dog day care so we could do a little siteseeing for a few hours. Need to find a dog friendly lodging (hotel or cabins). I usually stay at La Quinta's because they accept pets. Also, interested in restaurants that have outdoor seating where they would allow pets on the patio.

Suggestions would greatly be appreciated of places to see, things to do....are there areas to stay away from?

Thanks for your feedback.

Appreciate it.

Texan Traveler

Lexington, Kentucky
1. Re: Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

I have a beagle mix and take my dog to Poochies Plus (http://www.poochiesplus.com/). It's great if you're looking for a place they won't be in a kennel all day and can play with other dogs. If you want to keep them in a traditional kennel, check out Uptown Hounds (www.uptownhounds.com) or PetSuites (www.petsuitesofamerica.com/).

For your hotel, I found a listing that has dog-friendly hotels: hotels.petswelcome.com/kentucky/lexington/.

For restaurants, I believe Grey Goose and Stella's allow dogs, but make sure you double check!

Wisconsin
reviews: 137
2. Re: Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

We had two neighbor dogs at the DoubleTree the last two days. They are a hotel listed on that website. I have a secret to report, one of those lab mixes was about 75 pounds, per what her friendly owner told us. So I think they appeared to overlook that a bit.

Neither pup was a problem. We met them in the parking lot and got some "dog time" in (had to leave ours at home). We were surprised to find out the next morning as we exited the room that they spent the night next to us. Never heard a peep. p.s. I highly recommend the DoubleTree--ooh, this is almost a bad pun, regarding the two dogs. TOTALLY unintended (but pretty funny....

Pittsburgh
reviews: 93
3. Re: Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

When in Lexington, you should definitely visit the Kentucky Horse Park. If I am not mistaken, you are free to bring your dog to the park as long as the dog is on a leash (at least it seems like I am always seeing people there with dogs that clearly are not service animals).

4. Re: Lexington - pet friendly / and tourist sites to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 30, 2014