We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best elementary school in/near Elizabethtown

Which Elizabethtown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cold Bay, Alaska
reviews: 301
Best elementary school in/near Elizabethtown

Moving there this summer - looking to live in the part of town close to the best schools. Any ideas?

2 replies to this topic
Elizabethtown...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Best elementary school in/near Elizabethtown

You will find two sides with very strong feelings to this answer from locals. There are two different school systems in the area - Elizabethtown Independent Schools (EIS) and Hardin County Schools (HCS). EIS has 2 elementary, 1 middle and 1 high school. HCS has many elem & middle schools and 3 very large high schools.

The EIS school district is not defined by Elizabethtown city-limits. The EIS district is only a small portion of the city ( lines were defined years ago when Etown was much smaller).

It is possible to go to EIS if you live outside of the boundaries but it is VERY expensive (for tuition to a public school).

I live in the EIS district and like the smaller size of the schools and the parental involvement. Morningside Elementary & Helmwood Heights Elem are the 2 EIS elementary schools.

There are some very good school in HCS also though. I am not sure of the boundaries for each HCS elementary but Lincoln Trail Elementary has a good reputation in the area.

Cold Bay, Alaska
reviews: 301
2. Re: Best elementary school in/near Elizabethtown

Thank you so much. I've read online that Lincoln Trail is a great school, but I never heard of the website so wanted to confirm with a local. www.greatschools.org/kentucky/elizabethtown/

I plan on looking for a place to live in that area then.

Reply to: Best elementary school in/near Elizabethtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Elizabethtown
More Elizabethtown Topics