We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice

Which Wichita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara...
reviews: 16
Hotel advice

My sister and I will be coming out in January or February for a visit with family. We would like hotel recommendations. We have stayed in Old Town before, but have some concerns about the noise at night. Any suggestions for fun areas where we could walk to restaurants, etc?

Kansas
reviews: 42
1. Re: Hotel advice

You don't mention if you will have a car, your budget or desired location if you wish to be near your family. There is a fairly new Homewood Suites at the Waterfront (13th & Webb). It is a safe area where you could walk to nearby restaurants: Fox & Hound Pub, PF Changs, Red Robin, Abuelo's, Doc Green's, Bonefish Grill, Metro Grill, Ciao. Another mile east on 13th at Greenwich is a Springhill Suites at Plazzio and the Residence Inn at Plazzio. Nearby restaurants include Sumo, Cheddar's, Freddy's, Jose Pepper's. There is also a large Warren theatre complex and The Alley an indoor go kart, bowling, etc. facility.

Edited: 3:06 pm, September 13, 2013
Santa Barbara...
2. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks for the suggestions. Not too worried about budget, as things don't look ridiculously expensive. We'll have a car. Not too concerned about being super close to family. We just wanted to be somewhere relatively safe where we could walk to some shops and restaurants and just enjoy some sister time when we're not visiting with other family.

Wichita, Kansas
reviews: 34
3. Re: Hotel advice

There's a Hilton Garden Inn not far from Bradley Fair. There are a lot of upscale shops as well as various chain store retail outlets. The area has a wide range of restaurant options, from fast food to fancy.

The area is pretty walkable and is easily accessible by car. It's pretty close to US-54 and the Kansas Turnpike (I-35).

Kansas
reviews: 42
4. Re: Hotel advice

Another option would be Hilton Garden Inn at Bradley Fair. The restaurants include Bella Luna Café (one of my favorites), YaYa's Eurobistro, The Good Egg, Il Vicino Wood-Oven Pizza, Cocoa Dolce, Marble Slab, On the Border, Outback Steakhouse, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Jason's Deli, Newport Grill and also Green Acres Market which has a very nice deli and prepared items (healthy entrees, sides, unusual yummy sides for dine in or take out). Bradley Fair has the shops that the other areas I suggested would lack including Backwoods, Barnes & Noble with Starbucks, William & Sonoma, many clothing stores and a couple of spas.

http://bradleyfair.com/directory.php

Santa Barbara...
5. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks everyone. This was helpful information.

Kansas
reviews: 116
6. Re: Hotel advice

I'd go with Bradley Fair. I would NOT go with Old Town, as there was another shooting this past weekend. They don't have control of the "late night" crowds down there. Even though it would be fine to visit in the daytime or evening, I wouldn't hang around late down there. Bella Luna is my favorite restaurant in Wichita. Cannot go wrong there.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
reviews: 30
7. Re: Hotel advice

I can't possibly say enough good things about the Homewood Suites at the Waterfront. The whole Waterfront development is really lovely and the hotel is just a jewel. Very nice decor, fabulous rooms, and a remarkable breakfast buffet (and I'm a food snob) that is included with the room price. Hosted a small reunion with 7 family members there earlier this year and it was just perfect. Many good restaurants and shopping very close by.

8. Re: Hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, January 22, 2015