We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

Which Wichita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greer, SC
reviews: 31
Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

Rented a car at Wichita Airport. Didn't take the gas pre-pay option. Returned the car with a FULL gas tank. Got charged $74.71 for gas AFTER THE FACT. I called them. I was told they added 7.5 gals of gas to the FULL TANK i returned. SCAM!!! AVOID THIS CAR RENTAL LOCATION LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
reviews: 120
1. Re: Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

I have never had problems with Budget Rental Car at the airport, and have rented many times over the last 13 years. Do you have the gas receipt you can provide to them, or a credit card statement with the amount? How did they come up with $74.71 for 7.5 gallons of gas?

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
reviews: 46
2. Re: Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

Almost $10.00 per gallon seems very expensive, even for a rental company. Two weeks ago Hertz was $4.00.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 82
3. Re: Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

Talk to your credit card company and dispute the charge.

Greer, SC
reviews: 31
4. Re: Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

Budget Wichita corrected the problem after I disputed it with any number of agencies. In fact, I spoke with the "man" at HQ (nice guy BTW) and we got it all straightened out. Bad experience, good ending.

5. Re: Budget Car Rental, Airport SCAM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 15, 2013