We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
reviews: 117
Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?

Okay, I'm back to the Ottawa forum, in a new and positive frame of mind. I am going to being spending some time in and around Ottawa, and I am looking for information on good places to eat, fun things to do, etc.

I'd rather not do the "chain" places, and know there is Applebee's and Stockade out south, but what about the local places ... any of them good?

Thanks!

Edited: 7:42 pm, November 05, 2012
3 replies to this topic
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 102
1. Re: Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?

If you find one, I will be anxious to hear about it. The only place like you are describing which I liked, moved to KC.

Smokemasters Barbecue in Pomona, 10 miles west, is the closest I have found, but it isn't standout.

Edited: 8:36 am, November 06, 2012
Richmond, Kansas
reviews: 4
2. Re: Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?

Try Keims bakery (awesome soup! and burger and pie) or the new BBQ place next door (Great Huge Pork Sandwich), How about the Italian place downtown, pricy and portions are small but tasty.

Kansas
reviews: 117
3. Re: Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?

Thanks for the tips ... I drove past Smokemasters about a week ago and it smelled really good :-) but I didn't have time to stop ... have to put that on the list, even though I'm a Guy & Mae's fan.

Been to Keim's for pastry and coffee in the morning, but haven't made meal time there.

The Italian place across the street --- east then north --- There is a sign saying another Italian restaurant is "coming soon" right next door ... thought that was odd, but haven't seen any other signs of life there, really.

Was hoping there were some "hide-away" type places that I just hadn't noticed ... doesn't sound that way.

Reply to: Ottawa --- Eats and Fun ... Where?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa