We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Des Moines or bust!

Which Des Moines hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 9
Des Moines or bust!

I am meeting a group of about 8 friends for a weekend in January. We will just hang out and need a good sports bar because the NFL playoffs are that weekend. First can anyone recommend a good hotel within walking distance to restruants and sports bars? Also need a good place to watch the games?

Edited: 1:49 pm, October 06, 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 73
1. Re: Des Moines or bust!

I would stay downtown- Hotel Fort Des Moines, The Renaissance, Embassy Suites, Marriott all are walkable to restraurants. Sports Bar- probably Legends although Americana, Court Ave Brewery and Racoon River Brewery (and others) all have televisions in their bar area as well. West Des Moines would be another option.

boston
2. Re: Des Moines or bust!

Thanks I really appreciated the help

Ankeny, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
reviews: 73
3. Re: Des Moines or bust!

If you have any other questions let me know, I live just north of DSM.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
reviews: 25
4. Re: Des Moines or bust!

There are some options out in the suburbs and near the airport, but I second the recommendation to stay downtown since you'll be here during the coldest part of the year. Downtown DSM's skywalk system is nice for getting around in the cold weather.

boston
5. Re: Des Moines or bust!

Than you for your help

Iowa
reviews: 4
6. Re: Des Moines or bust!

I agree with staying dowtown, you can get your hotel and if the weather is bad use the skywalk system and go to the sports bar. Lots of nice places to eat.

Check it out -

https://www.downtowndesmoines.com/businesses

7. Re: Des Moines or bust!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, December 14, 2013