We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar

Which West Lafayette hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 65
Sports Bar

I'm coming to West Lafayette in two weeks for the Iowa vs Purdue football game. Can you recommend a good sports bar to hang out on Friday night? Any advice on tailgating Saturday morning? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
West Chester, Ohio
reviews: 6
1. Re: Sports Bar

Hi and welcome to West Lafayette. If you want to venture near campus on Friday night, there's Scotty's adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn when you cross the river on Rt 26. There's a big parking lot about a half block north of 26 in back of Scotty's. About a block up from Scotty's is Bruno's which also has great pizza. There are also a number of bars downtown, including Chumley's right across from the court house. Per local laws, smoking is allowed in bars, so Chumley's gets quite smoky, while Scotty's & Bruno's (being more restaurant-like) do not - if that matters.

If you give me more info around what you plan for tailgating, I'll try to get you some info on that. Generally, the visitor tailgate area is the Gold & Black parking lot southwest of the stadium off of Third street and McCutcheon.

Here's more info: purdue.edu/campus_map/…index.html

If you want to immerse yourself in more sports, there's a Purdue vs Northern Illinois basketball game on Friday night at 7pm. Purdue tends to be a bigger BB-oriented place than football. I think tickets are still available since I bought some yesterday. Here's the link: …evenue.net/cgi-bin/…

Boiler up!

West Chester, Ohio
2. Re: Sports Bar

Oops - needed another cup of coffee this morning. The basketball game is this Friday before the Ohio State football game. Sorry for getting the 2 weekends confused.

Iowa
reviews: 65
3. Re: Sports Bar

Thanks for your replies! Looking forward to a fun weekend in West Lafayette, win or lose.

West Chester, Ohio
4. Re: Sports Bar

If you're into marching bands, the All American Marching Band gives a pre-game performance at the Slayter Hill tailgate area starting around 10am. Our son is a senior in the band and gets to hit the Big Bass Drum at halftime when they introduce the senior members.

Safe travels! BB

Reply to: Sports Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Lafayette