We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

Which West Lafayette hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

my family is coming to visit for 3 days any suggestions on to do things in the area or near the vicinity... restaurants, new adventures, ice skating arena ..thanks

Indiana
reviews: 14
1. Re: Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

Depending on how far you're willing to travel, the Indianapolis Children's Museum is about an hour south on I-65 and is usually worth the visit.

Specifically in the West Lafayette area, there's Prophetstown State Park, which has 2 very nice playgrounds and a bit of hiking available (it's still fairly new). Also, Turkey Run and Shades state parks are nearby and offer similar hiking/playing. Keep in mind the time of year though.

Younger kids might like "Snappers", although they do have a laser tag area set up which is kind of fun for adults too. To me it struck me as an older kids version of Chuck-E-Cheese. There's a water park within the hotel at I-65 and SR 26 (the name escapes me). Buccaneer Bay is the water park name.

Purdue's campus offers several things to see and do, but keep in mind when students are in the area it becomes less family friendly.

As for restaurants, Arni's is family friendly and a local landmark of sorts. Bruno's just outside of campus is good too. Look up Wabash Landing for more options.

Hope that helps.

Indiana
reviews: 141
2. Re: Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

I'd also suggest Wolf Park in Battle Ground, just north of Lafayette. It's a non-profit research facility where you can learn about on wolf behavior. The park is home to several packs of gray wolves, plus foxes and bison.

Also you could easily spend an afternoon at Columbian Park. Several playgrounds geared toward different age groups, a train, a water park (Tropicanoe Cove, not open for the season quite yet) and the Columbian Park Zoo. A charming small town zoo that's free, and constantly expanding.

You don't say when you are coming for a visit ... but if it's over the weekend of April 17-18 you'd have a great time at Spring Fest on the Purdue campus. It's a huge event that showcases all the various programs throughout the University and it's completely geared toward kids and families. www.purdue.edu/springfest.

And if you're coming later in April, the Lake Shore Drive-In in Monticello opens April 23.

Find more family ideas at http://www.homeofpurdue.com/familyfun.html

reviews: 9
3. Re: Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

thank you very much for the information and suggestions, it gives me so much idea of how to arrange our schedule btw we are travelling in summer... thanks again

4. Re: Visiting west Lafayette with 3 boys ages 7-17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about West Lafayette
More West Lafayette Topics