We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner locations

Which South Bend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Petersburg...
reviews: 9
Rehearsal Dinner locations

My fiancee and I are getting married at Notre Dame the Summer of 08. We are looking for a nice place to have our rehearsal dinner that would be initimate yet hold 50 people. We also want to have some cocktails and a pretty low-key dinner considering the Reception will be steaks, etc. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

South Bend
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations

The best place that comes right off the top of my head is The Tippecanoe Place. It is the old Studebaker mansion, which is now a very nice restuarant. From what you wrote this would be the perfect place ...especially in the summer time. The home is absolutely beautiful and they are very well known for their ambience. Very romantic. and they do have a full bar on the second floor. I highly recommend this restuarant ....not only is it perfect for weddings, rehearsal dinners it has perfect prices with a great menu. If you want to learn more about it you can visit their website at www.tippe.com . You will not be disappointed.

This restuarant sits in the historic district of south bend. There is also a Lovely Bed and Breakfast right there called the Oliver Inn.

The Indiana Center for History just sits down the road....with all of its original furnishings. Very nice. Also for the car lovers Studebaker museum is right around the corner.

Seriously check it out . My second choice....if you wanted to keep it around Notre dame you could do Legends which is right on campus or the Morris Inn. Both very lovely however like i said if you want that romantic ambience Tippecanoe would be the route to go.

South Bend, Indiana
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations

Check out the Beiger Mansion, which is actually in Mishawaka but just minutes from South Bend. It's a lovely historic mansion, and the owners are wonderful people to work with. I work for a non profit organization in town & we've had some lovely corporate brunches there. Also try the Blue Heron at Blackthorn - my sister in law had a reception there and it is a beautiful location.

Indiana
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations

Tippecanoe Place. It's perfect for a rehearsal dinner....many different rooms in the restaurant to reserve. My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner there 11 years ago tonight!

4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 22, 2009