We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety on south shore line

Which South Bend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis,,, IN
reviews: 2
safety on south shore line

Which option is safer for a woman traveling alone, the south shore train or united limo? (going on a game day saturday AM from chicago to south bend)

Indy
reviews: 21
1. Re: safety on south shore line

Safe from what? I have only ridden the South Shore a few times, but have never felt remotely unsafe.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
2. Re: safety on south shore line

I would say a limo would be safer, but I think we're talking degrees of safety for something that has a *very* low probability (partially evidenced by growler69's comment). Let's say there is a 1 in 100,000 chance of something happening on the South Shore . . . is it worth it to reduce it to the limo's maybe 1 in 1,000,000 chance?

Now, I don't mean to imply your question isn't appropriate, just that based on everything I know (and my basis is more than just the one comment) I see no reason to consider the South Shore in any way unsafe in your situation. <Insert standard "keep your big city wits about you" disclaimer here.>

That's my $.02,

hlo

Edited: 10:28 am, October 19, 2012
Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
3. Re: safety on south shore line

No safety problems with either one.

Indianapolis
reviews: 20
4. Re: safety on south shore line

My husband, having grown up in South Bend, has taken the South Shore many times and says it is safe as can be. I've done it with him a few times and didn't notice anything that made me even slightly uncomfortable. I say go for it!

5. Re: safety on south shore line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 23, 2013