We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indy 500 staying on Craig Street in Castleton overnight

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin Rapids...
reviews: 1
Indy 500 staying on Craig Street in Castleton overnight

Hello,

My wife and I are kid free for the first time in years and would like to have a good time. I read that Georgetown is the place to be before the Indy 500. Are there other places that are good closer to my hotel? Is there an easier way to get to Georgetown besides bus? It is saying it takes 1.5 hours. Taxi will run me over $50.00 one way as well. Thank you for any advice at all. I did read through a bit of the forums and haven't heard much on the topic.

1 reply
Indianapolis
reviews: 50
1. Re: Indy 500 staying on Craig Street in Castleton overnight

The corner of 16th and Georgetown(Just in case you are not clear this is the 2 streets that border the IMS not the small town of Georgetown, IN) is the place to be the night before the race. It will have a Mardi Gras type feel with all kinds of partiers, food vendors, and apparel trailors. I take it you mean it is 1.5 hours by bus? If you have a car it's about a 30 minute drive. A cab is probably easiest as if you drive yourself you can find places to park along 16 Street or in one of the many neighborhoods that border the track. For a fee of course. There are plenty of pubs/bars in the Castleton area but at the most they might be a little busier with race fans in town but I doubt it. I would venture to guess most would be like any other Saturday night. If you want the whole 500 experience I would make it down to Georgetown.

Edited: 4:53 pm, May 07, 2014
Reply to: Indy 500 staying on Craig Street in Castleton overnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted