We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 5
Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

Looking for a hotel Sat, Oct. 19 - Mon., Oct. 21 for the Colts/Broncos game and nothing is available downtown. Looking for advice for hotels outside of the downtown area that are an easy "commute" downtown, preferably 4 stars (or as close to that as possible). I've only stayed downtown, so I'm really unsure of the distance of the outer-lying hotels. Thanks for any and all advice!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
1. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

Real quick (on my phone). Look at hotels near the airport. It's got direct access to downtown and, particularly the "old airport" hotels (the terminal moved semi/ recently), those inside near/inside of I-465,some are are close to what you're looking for.

Sorry you couldn't get a downtown hotel, I think it would have been a better experience of Indy for you.

Maybe more later.

hlo

Indianapolis
reviews: 54
2. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

I can't think of any 4 Star/Diamond hotels outside of downtown within a close proximity to downtown and the stadium. If choosing to stay near the old airport I would recommend the Crowne Plaza or Hyatt Place. The commute into the game very easy and about 7 miles or about 20 minutes on game day. However, the area is slim pickings when it comes to nice places to eat/drink. If looking at an area that has nice properties and is more populated with nice restaurants and such I would look at Keystone at the Crossing area( I-465 and Keystone Ave exit 33). The commute to the game is longer though, about 30 minutes. Go Colts!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
3. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

I agree Keystone will offer a fair number of nice hotels and restaurants, shopping, etc. within reasonalbe walking distance or very short drive (mimicking that aspect of downtown), but I think it is does near as well from a driving standpoint re: getting to the stadium.

Realizing times will be different due to game day traffic:

1. Using I-465/Sam Jones (formerly Airport) Express as a proxy for the old airport cluster, you get a drive time of just over 10 minutes to Lucas Oil Stadium.

2. From Keystone (using the Mall as the proxy) you get 26 minutes (by highway) and 30 minutes (surface streets).

Now I would expect the game day traffic to increase both of these, exactly how much . . . can't say, but would expect both to be longer; presumably by roughly the same multiplier?

Bottom Line: If you're wanting to be as close as possible to the game, I'd go with the airport location (and I'll point out a 10 minute drive on non-game day would put you in the heart of downtown for doing things). If you're more interested in being able to walk to things from your hotel, then go with the Keystone area and "pay the price" of additional drive time on game day.

At least that's how I'd decide,

hlo

Indianapolis
reviews: 14
4. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

Drive time will also depend what time you plan to head downtown. The game isn't until 8:30pm. If you plan to go down earlier in the day and spend the day downtown walking around, eating, bar hopping, then the drive down won't be bad from Keystone. I live in Fishers (off 465 and I69 if you look on map) and we take Binford Blvd and get to the stadium in 30 minutes or less. Faster if the highway is open but right now we don't go that way because of the construction.

USA
reviews: 5
5. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

I appreciate all the responses. Wound up at the Marriott Indianapolis East. Not idea location-wise, but it's all I could find!

Fishers, Indiana
reviews: 77
6. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

Road construction on I-70 and I-65 is complete and the road opened overnight.

One less issue you should have to contend with.

Enjoy the weekend.

7. Re: Colts/Broncos Game - Hotel Advice - Downtown Sold Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 19, 2014