We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
smoky mountains
reviews: 4
Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

I will be in Indianapolis July 10-12 for a Scentsy convention and need some restaurants that are Weight Watcher friendly or restaurants you would recommend near the Lucas Oil Stadium. Also,if you could give me some ideas of places to see or things to do,it would be greatly appreciated!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
1. Re: Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

Don't know of any particularly "weight watcher friendly" restaurants in the area (not even 100% certain what this means beyond being diet friendly, is it some kind of term of art?). You will, however, find a pretty wide selection of restaurants in the downtown area and I would think that you could find a decent number that will meet your needs. Are there any specific cuisines that you like or that tend to be weight watcher friendly?

You might also want to check out restaurant oriented websites. TA has restaurant info, but I don't know anyone who uses it as their primary restaurant resource (for lots of reasons). My "go to" site is Urbanspoon and Indianapolis does have the critical mass of users to make this sort of crowd sourced site worthwhile. Here's a link to Urbanspoon's Indy page:

urbanspoon.com/c/40/Indianapolis-restaurants…

The Wholesale District "neighborhood" (Urbanspoon's term) will be the closest, but you might also want to check Massachusetts Avenue and/or Downtown as they are also close. You can also filter on cuisine, budget and "special features" (pretty sure vegan is an option, but I don't think they include weight watchers or even diet friendly).

There's also Yelp (which some swear by, but I avoid when possible, again for lots of reasons), Chowhound and others.

Also, do be aware that the Lucas Oil Stadium hotels (which is where I assume you're staying) are somewhat "separated" from the general downtown by some major RR tracks. This is really more mental than physical, but you do have to go under these tracks to get to the main part of downtown; it's kind of a tunnel effect (you might check Google maps streetview to see what I mean).

Beyond that rather than give a generic laundry list of things to do/see (which might or might not appeal to you), can you give us some idea of things you like/dislike to do/see? Do you prefer (or want to avoid): museums, outdoors stuff, history, sports, shopping, music/arts, etc. (and for many of these add a "what kind")? This will allow us to tailor suggestions towards things that *you're* likely to enjoy. I can think of lots of things that some would consider "must see/do" that would bore me to tears (and vice-versa). Also, I presume you're looking for things in the downtown area, but are you willing (able, will you have a car?) to travel outside of downtown to see/do something with particular appeal for you?

Looking forward to making specific suggestions,

hlo

Indianapolis...
2. Re: Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

East of the stadium along South Street, within easy walking distance, is a Subway and Arby's, both of which should support a Weight Watchers diet. West of the stadium on South Street, again easy walking distance, is Tavern on South, or there's a very nice little cafe inside the Comfort Inn across Missouri Street on the west side of LOS. And, there's always the food court and various other options at Circle Centre Mall, which is also within easy walking distance of Lucas Oil Stadium. The overpasses or tunnels mentioned are no big deal in my opinion. I've walked around downtown for years with no problems. However, if you're inside Lucas Oil Stadium, you might inquire if the connecting tunnel to the Indiana Convention Center is open (you can also access it from outside at the corner of Capitol Avenue and South Street). You can walk through the Convention Center and with the skywalks, access Circle Centre Mall, the Westin, Hyatt or JW Marriott without ever stepping outside, all of which have various dining options. We look forward to you visiting Indy...have fun!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
3. Re: Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

Can't say I disagree with the "weight watcher friendly" suggestions given (partly 'cause I'm not sure of its exact meaning), but I have to think you can do better than chain restaurants that can be found in just about any city/town (not that that that was all that was recommended).

Sorry if I implided the RR track aspect was a major issue. As I said, it's mostly a mental or psychological thing. The actual distance is pretty minimal, but it does make a "separation" from the rest of downtown. As I said, Google streetview will show it "in black & white."

hlo

Seymour, Indiana
reviews: 28
4. Re: Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

Take your w.w. dining out book with you. You will find something.

5. Re: Weight Watcher friendly restaurants near Lucas Oil Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 26, 2014