We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Children's Museum

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Hotel near Children's Museum

I'm looking for a child-friendly hotel that's close to the Children's Museum, ideally within walking distance. Any suggestions?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
1. Re: Hotel near Children's Museum

There really aren't any hotels in the immediate area around the Children's Museum; it's mostly office buildings, apartments, and residential. (At least if there are, I don't know about them.)

Your best bet is probably one of the downtown hotels, unless budget is an issue (they tend to be pricer & you'll probably pay for parking). If this is the case, you might choose to go with something at an I-465 interchange (if you want to go this route, let us know and we'll point you towards some of the closer ones).

I also say downtown because while I wouldn't call the all the hotels "child-friendly" the general area will have more stuff for a kid than many of the rather bland, you could be anywhere interchange options. As an aside, with some exceptions, I'm reading "child-friendly" to mean mainly a swimming pool.

That said, one of the downtown hotels (The Crowne Plaza) is located in the restored Union Square Train Station and has some (real) Pullman Cars on actual rails as suites (it does have an indoor pool too). Even if you don't stay in one of the Pullman Cars, you can still see them from the outside and they're kind of cool.

You'll find a whole slew of other hotels in the downtown area. Some of them are closer to other kid-type activities such as the Zoo/White River Gardens, museum row, Victory Field (minor league ballpark), etc. Not all of them have a pool and some of the pools are "in name only" (i.e. postage stamp sized), but some have fairly nice pools (99% sure at least one is an outdoor rooftop pool). TA or any booking site should allow you to filter based on pool when looking at hotels.

That's about all I can say with what you've provided. If you can give more information about: your desired budget, anything you consider "child-friendly," general "flavor" of hotel you like (modern, boutique, etc.) and similar sorts of things. With this sort of information we can probably come up with some specific suggestions (or tell you that you won't find it downtown).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indianapolis
reviews: 20
2. Re: Hotel near Children's Museum

There are no hotels within walking distance of the museum, and honestly you wouldn't want to stay in that neighborhood even if there was. Downtown hotels would be your most convenient option, and within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, etc. but as hlo mentioned you will typically pay more for the hotels plus have to pay for parking.

3. Re: Hotel near Children's Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014