We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Lake...
reviews: 5
Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

My husband and I are staying up at Keystone Crossings for a Military Conference this weekend Fri-Sunday 9th-11th. Are there any festivals going on this weekend? My Hubby's Birthday is Saturday and he likes to Karaoke (he, he, I know) so I was hoping to maybe surprise him -either Friday or Saturday night would do.

Thanks!

Indianapolis...
1. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

Hi Mitrips! The big festival this weekend is The Italian Street Festival. It is just a little east of downtown Indy. The focal point is Holy Rosary Church at 520 Stevens Street. Back in the early days this section of town had a large Italian population. There will be aover 25 different Italian dishes served and plenty of entertainment. Cost varies.This is Fri and Sat from 5 to 11. is a bout a 30 minute drive. Not sure of karoke bars up on the north side but pretty sure someone can direct you to one nearby. There are plenty of spots up in that area which are very nice. NOW, I need a little help from you if possible. Hopefully I will make it up to Milwaukee/west Allis for The Indy Racing League event at The State Fairgrounds. Will either stay near highway 100 or downtown. Any suggestions? I lived up there back in the late 60's/early70's so am somewhat familiar with the area (lived near Hwy100 and national) Have fun in Indy. A little rain possible Fri morn but should be nice from then on

North Lake...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

Indyob,

Thanks for the info! I do hope the weather is nice!

For your event I would definitely say avoid downtown like the plague. There is serious construction being done to the Marquette Interchange and it's next to impossible to navigate around it. When you come into town, take 894 instead of 94 to avoid a nasty detour down through Bayview to get through downtown. Unfortunately, there are very few hotels right by the fairgrounds and none of them that are that nice. The Radisson is right on Hwy 100 but they are pricey and probably booked up already (if it's the Milwaukee Mile thing on 7-22 it's already full) so I would suggest staying in Brookfield since there are many nice hotels and lots of restaurants and you are right off the highway with easy access to State Fair Park. Now you do overshoot West Allis a bit from your direction but I think you will find it only about 5 hwy miles away and pretty convenient. I ran a quick Hotwire search for that 7-22 weekend and there is a 3 1/2 star hotel in Brookfield for $57 per night. My best guess is that it's the Embassy Suites on Moorland but I can't be certain. Hope this helps!

Indianapolis, IN
3. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

You definitely need to go to the Italian Fest. Be sure to try the fettucini alfredo...it is wonderful!

I'm not sure on the Karoke...Claude and Annie's on 86th St used to have Karoke on Saturday nights but I'm not sure if they still do that.

Westfield, Indiana
4. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

mitrips,

Just heard a radio advertisement for Conner Prairie, a local "outdoor living history" museum located a few miles from Keystone Crossing between Fishers and Noblesville. CP portrays life in rural Indiana in the 1880's through reenactors living and working in realistic buildings and villages.

This weekend they're having Civil War weekend with 600 uniformed soldiers, infantry drills, artillery demonstrations, and a battle reenactment. Military personnel get free admission and immediate family members are 50% off. More info available at www.connerprairie.org

Of course, since you're in town for a military conference, the last thing you may want to see is more military. Just a thought.

atj

Indianapolis
reviews: 197
5. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

The 50th Annual Talbott Street Art Fair is this weekend.

6. Re: Indy for the weekend- Karaoke? Festivals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 16, 2009