We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 Indy 500 RAce

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SLC,UT
reviews: 1
2013 Indy 500 RAce

Does anyone know the best route from downtown Indianapolis to 2045 N Auburn St to avoid some of the raceday traffic? I am parking at at private residence for the the 2013 race.

Thanks

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
1. Re: 2013 Indy 500 RAce

First, welcome to the TA forums!

Don't have (much) specific first hand knowledge of race day traffic, but I think you're going to be out of luck.

The address you've given is so close to the track itself I don't think there is going to be any way you can avoid race related traffic, much less coming from downtown.

I hope someone else can chime in with some stroke of insight/brilliant idea, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sorry,

hlo

Edited: 2:44 pm, March 18, 2013
Indianapolis...
2. Re: 2013 Indy 500 RAce

If you leave by 8 am you should have no problem. From downtown find your way to I 70 and go west. Follow I 70 to the Sam Jones Expressway. This will take you to 465 North. Take 465 North to the 10th Street exit (east) Go east to Lynhurst (Thorntons gas/convenient store onNW corner there) Turn left and go ACROSS Crawfordsville Road to 25th Street (school on NE corner there) Turn right into neighborhood. Auburn should be about the 4th or 5th cross street

3. Re: 2013 Indy 500 RAce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 21, 2014