We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati Oh
reviews: 12
What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

Need an answer quick, leaving in the morning.:)

Tennessee
reviews: 83
1. Re: What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

I hope you went to scotty's! If not, try it on your next trip :)

Cincinnati Oh
reviews: 12
2. Re: What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

I would like to call you bad words here, but I won't ! Yes, we went to Ram because I got no answere here till over a week later and yes, it sucked and at least the a-hole manager who needs to learn that "the customers always right!" Gave us a little discount. This forum is useless unless you ask a question over a week in advance.:(

Indy
reviews: 8
3. Re: What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

Sorry we were not quick enough to get to your answer. We "volunteer" our time responding to this site, and many of us have full time jobs and families, so we cannot respond in a matter of hours.

I would have said if you were going for a beer and appetizers, Ram is fine. Scottie's is a locally owned group of restaurants, and I definitely would have recommended them for dinner.

Hopefully you will take the time and respond on how your trip was to Indy - a quick trip report maybe? We rarely get feedback on the advise we do provide. It works both ways!!!!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
4. Re: What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

Me too. Sorry to hear you're disappointed that a bunch of people volunteering their time to help total strangers didn't respond quick enough for you.

Also sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience at Ram; personally I've had good experiences there and quite probably would have suggested it over Scotty's. So, in that regard, perhaps it's better that you didn't get a response from me before your meal. Also, I'll point out that there is the chance you didn't get any (earlier) responses because those that read your question simply didn't think that either one of these restaurants is significantly better than the other one.

Lastly, generally speaking none of the Indiana forums is particularly high-traffic (with some seasonal exceptions) and it's probably a good idea to give at least a few days, if not longer, when posting questions. Not sure what forums you frequent, but my experience is that except for for high-tourism destinations (major cities and "touristy" places like Hawaii, Florida, National Parks, etc.), you're probably better off not expecting responses in minutes/hours and should adjust your expectations to days/a week.

hlo

5. Re: What's better food, Scottie's or Ram?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 27, 2014