We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lebanon, Ohio
reviews: 5
Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

Thanks to those who previously responded to my post about Downtown Indy Hotels. I had finally decided on Hilton Downtown. Unfortunately, it is sold out for 2 queen size beds. (I have a $100 travelocity gift card so I have to purchase from that website).

Any other suggestions? I was originally looking at Crowne Plaza but TA reviews are not so good. What other decent hotels are there in the downtown area for around $160 (not including parking)? We would check-in on Sun, March 24 and check-out on Mon, March 25. We are going to Children's Museum on Sunday and the Indy Zoo on Monday. The hotel must have a nice pool, good breakfast buffet, and not a lot of noise (This is why the Crowne Plaza "train" hotel is out...too noisy).

Thanks in advance!

Lebanon, Ohio
1. Re: Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

Any thoughts on the Omni hotel? How is the noise level?

Thanks!

Lebanon, Ohio
2. Re: Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

Good news! I was able to book the Hilton Downtown. Hooray! I don't know how to delete this post.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
3. Re: Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

Glad things worked out. I would not have recommended the Omni given your pool "requirement" and instead would suggested trying to book something at the Crowne Plaza on the strict condition that you get a room near the front of the hotel (i.e. away from the train tracks).

As for removing your thread (if you want to, no real need to do so), you can click on the "Report inappropriate content" link in the bottom center of the posting. One of the options that should appear in a drop-down menu is "delete my post" (or something like that, basically indicating that *you* want to remove something you've posted).

I'm not 100% certain what happens when this is done to the initial posting on a thread (or in your case with all the postings except mine). I know "normally" when a response is flagged this way the thread ends up with a placeholder indicating that the user chose to remove their response.

hlo

4. Re: Hilton Downtown is Sold Out. Need Hotel recos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 06, 2014