We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A weekend with teenage boys in Indy

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
A weekend with teenage boys in Indy

My son's soccer team will be coming to Indyfrom Boston to compete in a tournament over Memorial Day weekend. We will have Friday to visit the race track and all day Monday to do something. There will be about sixteen fourteen year old boys and their parents. We will be staying in the Carmel area and restaurant suggestions would also be great.

Indianapolis...
1. Re: A weekend with teenage boys in Indy

Friday will be "Carb Day" at the track! It should be fantastice if the weather is good. From Carmel you better leave no later than 8:00 a.m. to get to the track on time to see everything. There could be upwards to 75,000 for the events. Events include The final practice for the Indy Racing League (IRL) cars, The Freedom 100 (a 100 mile race with The Infinity Pro cars), Pit Stop Competition (about 8 IRL pit crews see who can have the fastest pit stops and compete for about $50,000.00 in awards), IRL drivers autograph session, and The Carb Day concert featuring The B 52's. Ideally you want to park inside the track with that many boys. That way you can pack your own cooler (no glass allowed) and save om concession prices.(soft drinks at the track will run $1.00 per drink on up). On Monday, you might want to venture to downtown Indy. Parking is free on the streets Mon-Fri after 6 p.m. and on weekends and HOLIDAYS. At the center of downtown is The Soldiers and Sailors Monument (Monument Circle). Underneath is a Civil War Museum. There are several monuments directly north of the circle. South of "The Circle" are The RCA Dome, home of The Colts who routinely lose to the Patriots and Conseco Fieldhouse, home of The Pacers who routiely beat The Celtics. Just o the northwest of "The Dome" is The Indiana State Museum and The NCAA Hall of Champions(I've heard mixed reviews on The Hall). Just across the river from there is The Indianapolis Zoo( ab it high priced at $15 plus but you might be able to get a group rate) Ther are p[lenty of restaurants downtown around Meridian Street and Maryland in that area. Also inside The Circle Centre Mall. Up north on Meridian Street and 30th Street is The Indianapolis Children's Museum. Don't let the name fool you, I'm over 40 and I still think it's pretty cool. As far as Carmel goes, that's not really my strong area so I hope someone else chimes in. One thing about The track on Friday, IT WILL BE CROWDED, besides the cooler thing it might be wise to park outside the track. You might want to park at O'brien Floor Covering which is about a half mile EAST of the main entrance of the track. Call 317-258-4497 for FREE parking info. Ask for Dave and tell him your from The Boston soccer crew. Good Luck and HAVE FUN

London, United...
reviews: 18
2. Re: A weekend with teenage boys in Indy

Kids and food, lots of picky appetites! Plus with boys that age, quantity is important!

Most Carmel people go into Indy to eat! Where are you staying and are you on a budget? In Carmel at 116th and Keystone there is a Macaroni Grill, decent but not extravagant Italian. For burgers, there is Steak n Shake, awesome shakes!--Keystone and Carmel Drive (traffic light just north of 116th).

I will think about more places and let you know but it would help if I knew what and if you have a budget for food for the group and where you are staying.