We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park when flying out of IND?

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, IN
reviews: 11
Where to park when flying out of IND?

We used to park at Thrifty near the old airport location, and were very happy. We have had it with Park, Ride and Fly. Just too darn expensive, and don't like the whole vibe. Anyone have better suggestions? We live an hour outside of Indy, so don't need hotel.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
1. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

First, welcome to the TA forums!

The first idea I had (I haven't done long term parking at IND in decades), is to take a shuttle from Bloomington. There are at least two options and links to their websites can be found in the Bloomington forum. Depending on the length of your trip, it could be cheaper than parking and not much less convenient.

Beyond that I know the airport website lists the (main) parking options.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Bloomington, IN
reviews: 11
2. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

We often travel as a family of four, so the shuttle really isn't cost-effective. But for traveling solo, it's a great option.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 21
3. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

Yep, forgot to ask how many and with 4, unless it's a long trip, parking will probably be cheaper.

hlo

Indiana
4. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

Parking is $9.00 a day in the Economy lot which is usually what I do because there are really no other options besides staying overnight & having hotel shuttle to the airport. Have never had to wait very long for the shuttle.

There are a couple other park & fly lots around the area, but a little distance away & cost more than airport. Also takes awhile for them to pick you up when you return.

Maybe contact a friend or another family member to drop off & pick up.

West Lafayette...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

We live norfth in West Lafayette. After a variety of different approaches, including the overnightpart, we are now using Days Hotel directly on Fortune Ave, near 465 and Sam Jones. 317 2480621, $4/day, with 24 hour service and no requirement for a hotel stay. Early morning slots are by reservation, which is good. We have had good experience with pickups and help with luggage.Wait for pickup has been about 20 minutes.

Seymour, Indiana
reviews: 27
6. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

I usually park in the Economy lot at the long term parking area at airport. Good Shuttle service with a short wait time.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 99
7. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

I've done Park & Fly at IND at the Quality Inn and the La Quinta Lynhurst. Wouldn't really recommend either one because the hotels were so sorry, but they were the same price. Crowne Plaza also offers Park & Fly with a stay. I've only stayed there though (typical of the chain; fairly nice), so you'd have to contact them to see if they offer a daily parking rate without a stay. They're one of the closest hotels to the airport and they have a very large lot though.

Kokomo, IN
reviews: 13
8. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

We have used Crowne Plaza many times and it is recommended. $5/day. No stay requirement. Take their phone number and when you land, give them a call and they will come to pick you up. Just go the to hotel and ask at the desk about parking. There is a deal online to "reserve" a spot, but it costs more and isn't necessary.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 99
9. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

Good to hear about the Crowne Plaza. A friend in Bloomington recently told me it was $5, but she wasn't absolutely sure about it and was going to try it for this trip.

10. Re: Where to park when flying out of IND?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, January 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis