We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 13
New Year's Eve

Thinking of heading to Indianapolis for New Year's Eve. A few couples - 45-50. We like to stay for a few days either before or after NY's. Looking for a decent hotel - meaning clean & reasonable. Would help if there is a bar/lounge that something would be happening in for NYE. Any suggestions?

reviews: 3
1. Re: New Year's Eve

JW Marriott ! Highly recommended.. If your looking for a better price their are 3 other Marriott properties attached. Center downtown 1 min walk to the canal.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Hyatt downtown usually has a N.Y. eve celebration with different types of music in different rooms. Have had friend come from IL. and enjoyed it. I have stayed there prior to living here and would recommend the hotel.

Shelbyville...
reviews: 41
3. Re: New Year's Eve

I've booked a New Years Eve package through Hyatt. We've never been there on NYE, but are very excited to go this year.

4. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, December 04, 2012
Edited: 11:35 am, December 04, 2012
indianapolis
5. Re: New Year's Eve

stay where ever you are, i've been looking and i still see 2011 nye events and 3 other new venues.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
6. Re: New Year's Eve

I'd suggest downtown hotels. Nearly all of them have a bar and/or restaurant and many will have some sort of event going on. Even if you end up at a hotel that doesn't (or you decide its event isn't for you), you'll have plenty of other options (bars, restaurants, & events) all within a short walk (some of which will be accessible via the downtown skywalks, so you can reduce or eliminate outside time if the weather isn't cooperating).

As for events that are going on. I did a quick Google search and found a few sites listing things special new year's eve events. it's worth noting that there appears to be some "confusion" as to whether these events are "numbered" 2012 or 2013 (I used 2012 in my search). Anyway, here are a handful of sites that cover multiple (mostly downtown?) events, it's not exhaustive, just the first few that appeared on my search that looked worthwhile:

…about.com/od/eventsattractions/tp/Top-10-20…

www.317area.com/newyearseve/

fox59.com/news/…1076343.column

…funcityfinder.com/2011/…

Clearly there are plenty of things going on to choose from. I make no claims as to the quality of any of these lists (in general) or the events they mention; never been to any of them.

Also, you might want to check out the local alt weekly newspaper, Nuvo. I'd expect they'd have some New Year's Eve information by now (even though they tend to work on a weekly cycle). Here's a link to their site:

www.nuvo.net

Hope this helps,

hlo

7. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 09, 2013