We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seats

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hillside, Illinois...
Seats

Does anyone know if the seats in the pit are worth their price? Is the view a good one?

Any input would be most appreciated!

Fishers, Indiana
reviews: 77
1. Re: Seats

Check out these web pages

indianaracing.net/indianapolis-motor-speedwa…

http://indymotorspeedway.com/500sit.html

Everyone has a different opinion - it comes down to what you want. We like being under cover. I'm too old and fat to sit in the sun all day.

I think those webpages will give you some ideas. Also try some youtube searches like "indy 500 penthouse B" and you might find some short videos shot from the various sections.

Indiana
reviews: 223
2. Re: Seats

It all depends on your preference. The straight away is one of the loudest areas, so make sure you have ear protection. The angle for these seats is not great, since you are below the suites. But, you get to see all the pit action. For lots of people, that is exciting, since the race can be boring at times. They are also in the middle of all the action, which some people really like. If you like to bring a cooler, this is not the place for you. Really a matter of personal preference.

Indianapolis...
3. Re: Seats

Make sure that the seats are as high up as possible. I would say at least 25 rows.If you are too low the fence (on the outside) and the pit equiptment (on the inside) will block your view, Even though I prefer one of the turns it is pretty cool to see those cars coming down pit lane for service, especially if the leaders come in together.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
4. Re: Seats

We like sitting in the pit seats on carb day, but on race day we prefer seats up high on the 4'th turn (did turn 3 one yr and it was good too). Pit seats are much hotter and little or no breeze, etleast more of a breeze the higher up you sit.

Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 7
5. Re: Seats

I think sitting behind the pits is boring for the race. You can't see the cars coming down the straightaway. You see pit action and you see cars going 200mph right in front of you, but since they're going so fast you can't really tell who it is.

If you sit in a turn, or on the outside of the track, you can see them coming around a corner, through another turn then down the front or back straightaway.

It's all about your personal preference.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
6. Re: Seats

Plus more accidents occur on the turns to watch for.

7. Re: Seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 22, 2013