We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indy Airport Parking

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, Indiana
reviews: 54
Indy Airport Parking

Not sure if this is really the best place to ask this question, but I'm wondering whether some of the discount parking at hotels or Ace rent-a-car near the airport are safe for a year-old car for 2 weeks. They're pricing at less than half the cost of ParkRideFly and the lots at the airport.

11 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
reviews: 20
1. Re: Indy Airport Parking

Yep, this would be the right place to ask this sort of question on TA.

Can't give you too much specific information. When I've had real early flights, I've used the park & fly options at a few of the airport hotels (2 of the La Qunitas & maybe another) and didn't have any problem - don't know that I've ever gone 2 weeks - but have gone 5-7 days. I don't have any experience with any other non-airport options.

The problem with "safe" or not in this sort of thing is that you can have 1,000 people park their car without any problems, but that doesn't do you any good if you're the 1001st and something happens to your car.

Lastly, if you do use a hotel (and I presume then want to use their shuttle to/from the airport), be sure and figure out the exact details of the shuttle. Some have their own shuttle, some use third parties, some have limited hours (and/or will call a cab & pay for it), etc. Not that any one is necessarily good or bad, just that you should be sure *exactly* what you should expect going & coming back.

Anyway, that's what I can say,

hlo

Indianapolis...
2. Re: Indy Airport Parking

Park and Fly is nice

Mishawaka, Indiana
reviews: 7
3. Re: Indy Airport Parking

I was able to secure a very good rate through Hotwire a year or so back at the Crown Plaza by the airport. They have their own complimentary shuttle so you shouldn't have any trouble with schedules, and the bedding was extremely comfortable. We arrived after dinner, so I was able to make sure I parked under a light. I didn't have any problems during our 5 day trip and would recommend this hotel for this purpose.

Having said that, I do agree with the earlier poster that prior experience is not necessarily a guarantee you won't have problems. You probably take some risk no matter where you park.

Bloomington, Indiana
4. Re: Indy Airport Parking

I noticed your location is Bloomington. Maybe you can just take a shuttle from Bloomington...the price is $15 each way and I believe you can leave your car at the convention center or Holiday Inn pickup locations. My thought is that Bloomington is safer overall than Indy, and if you have a problem it may be easier to deal with here than there. I live in town and have used Bloomington shuttle on occasion. it's great!

Bloomington, Indiana
reviews: 54
5. Re: Indy Airport Parking

Yeah, I'm considering the shuttle, and cost wise it is best, and safety wise it is next best to leaving the car in garage. I'm not thrilled about the timings of the trip up (leave our car at 10:30 for a 3:30 flight) or getting home (wait 90 minutes after landing). I'm still mulling it all over.

Lafayette, Indiana
reviews: 32
6. Re: Indy Airport Parking

I bought a cheap deal on Groupon, using it next month, so i'll definitely post afterwards to let everyone know!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 56
7. Re: Indy Airport Parking

We have friends that do this every summer for 2 weeks w/o any issues. They have been doing it for about 20 yr's. Not certain which hotel they use.

We did once about 18 yr's ago (pre 9-11).I think it was Days Inn. The only issue was that there were too many of us using this service and the shuttle bus they used filled up fast.There were several folks that couldn't fit on. Be sure and leave early enough that if you have to take a second bus your not late for your flight.

Lafayette
reviews: 8
8. Re: Indy Airport Parking

I have used the comfort suites..( not to be confused with comfort inn & suites), several times with positive results. They have their own shuttle, not shared like the one in parenthesis above. The days inn "shares" as well.

Carmel, Indiana
reviews: 12
9. Re: Indy Airport Parking

Nothing beats the parking at Indy Airport, yes you might save a few bucks, but just knowing that you don't have to wait for a shuttle, that you can just be a bit late and still make your flight, or be able to arrive and just go pick up your uggage, if not, walk over the "disco bridge" and there is your car. Open 24-7. If it seems a bit high, you can always park at the Airport but on the further lot, which will be more economical.

Indiana
reviews: 7
10. Re: Indy Airport Parking

Has anyone used the new "FastPark & Relax"? Their grand opening special of $4.50/d for covered parking w/free shuttle sounds promising.

Edited: 9:04 pm, February 11, 2014
Reply to: Indy Airport Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted