We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant in the area

Which Evansville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Best Restaurant in the area

Hi,

Need opinions about the best restaurants in the area. Am thinking of a good steakhouse.

Thanks you.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

Can't give you any suggestions, but can suggest you check out restaurant sites for rankings, thumbs up/down, reviews, etc.

Don't know too many people that like/use TA for restaurants. Yelp & Urbanspoon are the main two I hear people using, I prefer Urbanspoon, but know others that swear by Yelp.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

Thank you for your help. I've always found TripAdvisor great for just about any travel related question and/or advice, including dining. We travel extensively and depend a great deal on the wonderful opinions we get here. I've had help with restaurant information all over the world.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

Well, guess I have to change my standard to comment to indicate that at least someone likes/uses TA restaurant reviews.

I did just do some random spot checking on Urbanspoon re: Evansville restaurants and it appears that there is sufficient traffic (votes) that I would say the information should be worthwhile.

Most of the restaurants I looked at (~10) had enough votes to be meaningful. Most were in the 50-100 vote range (low end was ~40 and high was over 200). The "worry" is that when there is a low number of votes the results can be skewed and/or might have been manipulated (I have seen this being done). I believe Urbanspoon requires 20 (or 40?) votes before they consider it enough data to put the restaurant on the "most popular" list(s).

I'd say check out Urbanspoon and see if things jive with what you're seeing on TA. It's worth noting that Urbanspoon *does* allow you to list restaurants by cuisine, so you should be able for focus in on steakhouses (or whatever other cuisine you decide to consider).

Again, hope this helps,

hlo

Indiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

I don't believe I stated I use the restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor. I ASK in the forums, just like I did here. I looked at both sites you suggested and concluded there's nothing around there like I wanted...upscale and romantic. Thanks for your trouble.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
140 reviews
5. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

Lucyleigh, I've been using TA for several years and definitely use the restaurant reviews. Yes, Urbanspoon and Yelp are helpful too. But on TA I'm checking reviews in forums I've gotten familiar with for trip planning and start to get a feel for some of the people who review. I put a bit more weight to the comments because I've gotten a feel for their taste.

6. Re: Best Restaurant in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 08, 2011