We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Charles roadfood

Which Saint Charles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
reviews: 6
St Charles roadfood

I'll be spending a week in St.

Charles and am looking for suggestions for Chicago style eating without the trip into the city. Any Italian Beef, hot dogs, pizza, etc.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: St Charles roadfood

Lots of choices:

http://www.visitstcharles.com/dining.cfm

Wauconda, Illinois
reviews: 39
2. Re: St Charles roadfood

Not too many resturants stick out of mind in St. Charles. However, I beleive their is a Portillo's somewhere near there. That is all you need to get the Chicago hot dog or beef experience. If you head into Schaumburg. Off of Roselle Road is a very nice Lou Malnatti's. It is better than the one's downtown.

St. Charles is a very quaint but classy city. They have some good resturants there, but they mostly pub like places or tea shops. I think out by the mall you get some more commercial establishments that may have beef and pizza.

Wauconda, Illinois
reviews: 39
3. Re: St Charles roadfood

Ok...Here is what I could find...

Hot Dogs and Beef

Are best had at Portillo's in the burbs. Usually a pretty consistent experience all around. Superdawg would be a little hike for you. The Batavia Portillos should be a 10-15 drive for you or less...

Batavia

531 North Randall Road

Pizza

The Schaumburg Lou Malnatti's still seems the closest for you in St. Charles. There is one that might be a little closer, but it is only carry out. This is a pretty big location across from the library. The Schaumburg Lou's would be about a 20 min commute...

(Roselle & Schaumburg Roads)

1 South Roselle Road

Schaumburg, IL 60193

4. Re: St Charles roadfood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Charles