We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Which Saint Charles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 12
Restaurant Recommendations

There will 6 of us in St. Charles on July 4 & 5 and are looking for a good place for dinner both nights. We are not looking for fine dining, just good food. It could even be pub food. Anything that has outside dining would be a plus. Thanks for anything that you can suggest.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

www.al-capone.com/steakhouse/directions.html

http://www.isaccokitchen.com/

www.visitstcharles.com/visitors-dining.cfm

Schaumburg, Illinois
reviews: 15
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

ZaZa's is a nice place with really good food. It is a bit on the expensive side. I don't believe they have outdoor seating, but they do take reservations.

Pub 222 does have outdoor seating. Food is decent - your usual pub fare. They do have live entertainment on the weekends (Saturdays?). If you go for dinner and stay, you won't have to pay the cover charge.

I haven't been to The Filling Station, but I believe they have outdoor seating, and it always seems crowded there.

You can get reviews on Yelp.com

chicago
reviews: 29
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

The Filling station has good pub food and a large outdoor patio. A short drive from downtown, the Taphouse Grill has excellent food, great beer selection, and a small outdoor seating area.

If you like sushi, Wok n Fire is excellent, and kind of the new hot spot.

Taste of the Himalayas has very good Indian and Nepali food and outdoor seating.

I'd recommend making reservations ahead of time for the 4th.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Does St. Charles have fireworks on the 4th? Wondering if places will be open on the 5th with that being the national holiday.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Most retail places will be open on the 5th. www.visitstcharles.com/visitors-events.cfm…

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Thanks for all of the suggestions. If you were going to pick an Italian restaurant in St. Charles would it be Salerno's, Zaza's or Francesca's?

7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saint Charles