We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

Which Rosemont hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEW HAVEN
reviews: 4
Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

I just got this really great rate on priceline for a few days at the Hyatt...that's really not great since they charge $22/day for parking, according to their website. I don't mind parking somewhere else around O'Hare and getting a shuttle to the hotel. Any ideas? Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
1. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

The CTA Park and Ride lot at Rosemont charges $12 for 24-hours. It used to have a box for each numbered space where you inserted money, so I don't know if you'd have to pay daily or not. The Cumberland Avenue is the next stop on the Blue Line from Rosemont. It has a garage that charges $12 or $13 for 24 hours and I have parked there for multiple days. The train from Cumberland to Rosemont (River Road) would cost $2.25 unless you have an all-day pass.

Both the Cumberland and Rosemont stations have vending machines that sell 3-day passes for $14. They allow unlimited rides on all CTA trains and buses. One-day passes are available at many stores in the area including the Dominick's supermarket across the highway from the Cumberland station. The cost is $5.75.

NEW HAVEN
2. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

Thanks. I'm wondering if there's even cheaper parking in the airport itself near where I could pick up a Hyatt shuttle back to the hotel, I don't mind spending a little time to save money since I'll only need to use my car once a day. Any thoughts?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
3. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

$9-day Economy Lot F - flychicago.com/PassengerInformation/Parking/…

IMO - not practical if you'll use your car every day. From Lot F - you need to take a shuttle bus to the tram station. Tram to the terminals. Hyatt Shuttle from there. a long haul to save a few $$. Lot F is practical if you plan to leave your car long term.

NEW HAVEN
4. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

Thanks, that does sound like a long haul.

NEW HAVEN
5. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

I can report that the CTA lot at Rosemont is a great option that suited my needs just fine. I needed a place to leave my car for 12 hours or so overnight each night, and the lot only cost $5 for 0-14 hours (14-18 hours costs $8, 18-24 hours costs $12). It was busy, safe, my car was fine, and I felt completely comfortable walking there from the hotel at 6 am by myself. There are lots of people out jogging and walking to work at that hour, as there is an active bus depot and train station at the lot. On a map, it looks very pedestrian unfriendly as you have to walk under an overpass inbetween the lot and the hotels like the Hyatt, Hilton, Intercontinental, etc. that are south of the lot, but the sidewalks are wide and there are tons of people out going about their regular business. It took me about 10 minutes brisk walk from my room to the lot. Don't know if it's doable in the winter when there's snow, but this time of year it was fine. It saved me $17 a day on parking fees! All you do is find a spot, check the number of the space that is posted overhead, and go to the pay station over by the train station entrance. The machines take cash or credit cards (they probably take debit too, but I didn't specifically check that), you enter the number of your parking space, pay for as many hours as you want, and you're done.

Edited: 10:44 pm, August 25, 2012
Maywood, Illinois
6. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

A parking have just been built around the corner where the rental car place was at one time right on Irvin and hwy 12-45 not sure of the name or address but going north on 12-45 before Irvin pk road, this maybe helpful to you are some one else.

Edited: 8:35 pm, March 24, 2013
Chicago
reviews: 1
7. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

Irving and 12-45 isn't really close enough to the Hyatt to be of any use to the OP but welcome to the Chicago forum.

To the OP, just understand that none of these lots will have in and out privileges, so if you really need to take the car in and out you might actually do better in the hotel lot. You will need to figure out the math on that. If you're planning to go downtown everyday you will be much better off just walking to the Blue Line, which runs 24/7, as opposed to driving downtown.

I've walked from the Blue line station to the convention center next to the Hyatt in winter, and while it's not the greatest of walks it's certainly doable.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
8. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

The OP was here last August.

Chicago
reviews: 1
9. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

Ha, joke's on me. Thanks Dave.

Brain freeze from watching my brackets explode during March Madness I guess.

10. Re: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, April 10, 2013
Edited: 9:05 am, April 10, 2013

Reply to: Cheaper parking while staying at Hyatt O'Hare Rosemont
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted