We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help please ask.

Which Rosemont hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago Il
reviews: 2
Need help please ask.

If anyone has any questions about the Rosemont area please ask. I have lived here my entire life and would be happy to help.

england
reviews: 5
1. Re: Need help please ask.

Hi,

Im coming to Chicago in March and am stopping at the Hilton Garden Inn. Any advice on best places to eat? This includes breakfast, as I would like some comparison with hotel prices

Chicago Il
2. Re: Need help please ask.

Try Tiffanys. It is just north of the hotel on River Rd. (About 3 minutes). It will be cheaper and better than the hotel. The Hilton Garden is really new. Have a great trip.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Need help please ask.

Hi. I am coming for a show at the convention centre, early March. I am just learning about your city today and maybe could look this up myself but, THANKYOU for your help.

I am thinking of taking a look-see at the Marilyn Miglin beauty salon (112 E. Oak St.,Chicago).

Is public transit easy to use?

Any estimate on what a taxi between the two places would be? Or, do I need to drive?

Also, Do you have any favourite restaurants that you might recommend (moderate price) near the Donald E.Stephens C.C? Thanks muchly.

Chicago Il
4. Re: Need help please ask.

Hello, I will try to help you the best I can. First the train into the city is just a little down the way so it is close. You would need to transfer trains to get to the Miglin spa. The cab ride would be 20-30 dollars at least. just figure the price of a cab ride from O'hare airport to downtown and that would be close on price. I would ask one of employees at the train station the best way to transfer since they have a better handle on schedules and times of all the buses downtown. when it comes to restaurants I like Maria's mexican restaurant. If mexican food is not your favorite. You can try Gino's east for pizza. The hotel can give you much better directions than me since I am not sure what hotel you are staying. Any other questions please ask...

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
5. Re: Need help please ask.

Take the CTA blue line train from the River Road Station towards downtown. Get off at Division St. Transfer to a CTA #70 bus eastbound. Get off at Walton & Dearborn. Oak Street is the next street north of Walton. Turn right on Oak to 112 E. Oak.

If you don't want to wait for the bus after you get off the train, you can take a cab the rest of the way.

Visit http://www.transitchicago.com/ for details.

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Need help please ask.

Thankyou!~ Your information is most helpful. I am accustomed to the T.T.C. train and bus here and, it seems that just like at home going anywhere near The City is going to involve transfers and time (guesstimate over an hour transit time)...like I said, I should feel right at home.

I'm looking forward to trying your fave Mex place because, to me, a vacation is the best time to treat myself to tastes that I might not choose regularly at home.

Medic411 and Dave 148; If you folks are any indication of Rosemont/Chigago's hospitality I am going to have a great weekend.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
7. Re: Need help please ask.

You're welcome.

pittsburgh
8. Re: Need help please ask.

I am going to be in town for a convention and I am thinking of staying at the marriott suites near the convention center...wondered what you thought and if it is in walking distance because the weather may not be good when I am there. Also if taking the train into town is good or if going out to the airport and then getting a train there is better! Thanks for the help in advance and to the other poster who will be there for the beauty show weekend ...See you there!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
9. Re: Need help please ask.

"I am going to be in town for a convention and I am thinking of staying at the marriott suites near the convention center...wondered what you thought and if it is in walking distance because the weather may not be good when I am there. Also if taking the train into town is good or if going out to the airport and then getting a train there is better! Thanks for the help in advance and to the other poster who will be there for the beauty show weekend ...See you there!"

The Marriott Suites is probably about the equivalent of a three block walk from the Stephens Center. Just walk south from your hotel.

I'm a bit confused about your train question. The CTA blue line stops at River Road in Rosemont. It's halfway between the Marriott and the convention center. It's an easy commute to/from downtown Chicago and O'Hare. Visit www.transitchicago.com for details. If you're considering staying in downtown Chicago and commuting to Rosemont for your meeting, it's definitely a possibility. Obviously, there's more to see and do in downtown Chicago than Rosemont.

Hope this helps.

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Need help please ask.

Medic411 and Dave, I was right!! You are ambassadors of a lovely town. I got stuck at the end of rush hour, in a foggy rainfall, on the highway. I could see the CTA you suggested and do not mind telling you that I was wishing I was on it, instead of gridlock. We inched from the construction at Torrence up to Division. But, it was a memorable car trip because, the driver's were so courteous, each time we tried to lane change someone IMMEDIATELY would make a space. We felt so welcome in Illinois.

(P.S. I was at a Marriot across from a Gino's East, thanks for the suggestion.)