We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

Which Rockford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

I'm in the Chicago area for work and am really getting annoyed with constantly stopping to pay tolls. I've also got some travel out east planned, so it is time to get an iPass.

I see I can pick them up at the Belvidere Oasis on I-90, near where I am currently at. Is it possible to access the Oasis without getting on I-90? I see an access road off of Pearl Street on google maps, but don't know if I would somehow be blocked from walking into the Oasis.

I'm commuting between Belvidere and Rockford via US-20, so I don't have a need to get back onto a tollway until I head home Friday, so if I can access the oasis from off the highway it will save one toll.

4 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 67
1. Re: Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

You should be able to walk to the Oasis from the access road. That's how the Oasis employees get to work.

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 18
2. Re: Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

We were just at the Oasis on I-88 by DeKalb. The i-pass service center is only staffed Friday 10-2. I would get your I pass from a Jewel food store or order online.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
3. Re: Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

The iPass website notes that Belvidere is open 7am-6pm Monday to Friday. Dekalb is noted as Fridays only. I'm cheap and don't want to pay the extra $2.90 fee, or have to wait 24-48 hours for activation.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
4. Re: Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass

I took the access road, even though I don't think I was an "automatized vehicle" like the sign said. The gate to the oasis lot was even open, but I didn't push it and parked with a half dozen other cars I assume belonged to employees. I was in and out in five minutes - just had to dodge a semi or two.

Reply to: Belvidere Oasis Access - iPass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted