We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

Which Northbrook hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stillwater, Oklahoma
reviews: 1
20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

I have an internship in Northbrook in November 2009. I'll be staying for 20 nights. Even at a really cheap hotel rate, I won't be able to afford that. $65/night will add up to $1300 and that won't be my only expense. Anyone have ANY suggestions for an economically viable option? I thought about rooming with someone who is advertising an extra bedroom but I'm concerned about staying with a stranger 1000 miles from home.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 64
1. Re: 20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

Did you check rates at the Red Roof Inn in Deerfield? With a 20 day stay, it's best to contact properties directly to negotiate a better rate.

If you'll have a car, there's an Extended Stay America in Skokie.

Check - http://chicago.craigslist.org/

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 16
2. Re: 20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

Well, I grew up in Northbrook, my parents still live there, and I believe our town's rate of perversion is quite low....

Seriously, what choices do you have? Northbrook is a pretty pricey place these days. Staying with a family can have a lot of benefits, besides the low cost.

Also, where is your internship? You will absolutely need a car. Northbrook is pretty spread out, and the traffic can be awful along Willow Road. You may want to look at the adjacent suburbs, but don't expect lower prices unless you go west to Wheeling.

You may want to contact the office where your internship is located and ask them for a housing recommendation. Surely, others have had the same problem.

reviews: 21
3. Re: 20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

Try registering for couchsurfing com. You maybe able to find someone willing to host you for part of your stay and help you get oriented.

4. Re: 20 day stay in Northbrook. Economic options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Northbrook