We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sandy Springs...
reviews: 25
Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help.....

We are visiting friends in New Lenox. We're flying into MDW. They've offered to pick us up, but with our arrival times and their work schedule I know it will be a burden.

I've tried to look online to figure out how to get from MDW out to New Lenox, or closer to it, and the bus routes are all I'm finding--and they tell me it will take over two hours....

Any better suggestion?

Thanks. I thought there might be a train, but if there is I'm not able to figure out where to look.

thank you!

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
1. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

303taxi.com. About $70 plus tip.

Google Maps will get you point to point directions via public transit.

Comprehensive area public transportation info at rtachicago.

Best idea-accept your friends' offer, and use the cab money for a nice dinner.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
2. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

There is no easy way to do that by public transportation. The only train line that serves Midway is the orange line. You'd have to take that 30 minutes the wrong way back into downtown to transfer to Metra. Or take a long bus ride to get to metra. Call a suburban cab like 303 or have your friends pick you up. Do NOT get into the regular taxi line at the airport. Those are city taxis and will be meter and a half outside the city limit, which will be more than your airfare.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
reviews: 17
3. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

You could also take a cab to a Metra Station. There are two lines that could work for you - the first is the SWS line, but there are not many trains per day. The better option is to take a cab straight down Cicero to either the Midlothian or Oak Forest station, where you would board a southbound train to New Lenox. Check the schedules for the Rock Island Line at www.metrarail.com There are stations closer to Midway, but the area is not one I would send a visitor to. The Midlothian/Oak Forest area is very safe.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
4. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

Rent a car. There is no public transit to New Lenox from MDW

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
5. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

SS nailed it. Use Hotwire or Priceline for the car rental.

6. Re: Public Transport from MDW to New Lenox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2015