We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Canada
reviews: 14
Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Hi All!

My bf and I will be in Chicago this weekend visiting family. I've purchased 2 tickets to see Second City on Sunday night and wanted to venture out afterwards. It will be our only night out in the city. Any suggestions? Were early/mid 30s. Both love live music (alternative, grunge, rock). We just want to make it a memorable night out (for a Sunday)...

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

http://www.doubledoor.com/

Check the live music listings at www.chicagoreader.com

Oakville, Canada
2. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Thank you helpy helperton :)

chicago
reviews: 21
3. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

monday is a holiday so sunday will be a fun bar night, look at empty bottle

Oakville, Canada
4. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Thank you :)

Chicago
reviews: 48
5. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Right on Wells street where second city is, there are a lot of bars. Not much live music, but if you just want to go drinking, you don't have to go far. Another cool place is Neo, at 2350 N. Clark, in walking distance or quick cab from Second City. One the oldest clubs in Lincoln Park. Kind of goth.

chicago
reviews: 3
6. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Consider some live Blues. Kingston Mines, B.L.U.E.S on Halsted, Double Door is great for rock and in a cool area. Wow, I've recommended the Empty Bottle before but I' ve never seen it recommended by a DE here. Cool. Take a cab to the Bottle , it's in a kinda shady area. Also look into EXIT.

Chicago, IL USA
reviews: 27
7. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Double Door is where you want to go. Have cab take you Damen and North and you're there. Great music and the area is fantastic. If you get hungry 1/2 block east on North is Piece. Great pizza and there own brewed beer. Have fun

Oakville, Canada
8. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

Thank you! You have all been incredibly helpful.

9. Re: Drinking Establishments - This Sunday after Second City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2014