We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 1
O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

I'll be arriving at O'hare from Terminal 5 and I have to pick up someone from terminals 1, 2 or 3 after that.

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go after I pick up my luggage. Is there a train that can take me to the other terminals, and if so, where do I go?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 64
1. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

You can take a tram from T5 to the other terminals. Just follow the signs after you exit immigration. flychicago.com/ohare/…default.aspx

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 22
2. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

Will you be connecting onward from Chicago? If not, you won't be able to enter the gate areas within 1,2 or 3 without a boarding pass.

Otherwise, you'll just have to meet them at the luggage claims.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 83
3. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

When you get from terminal to terminal via the tram go to baggage claim area on the lower level. You will meet your party there. Check the arrival info for the luggage carousel that your friends luggage will come in on. There are benches and chairs along the windows to wait. You had best find out which of the three domestic terminals to go to before you fly in. I'm assuming the ORD is your final destination and not a connection point.

Edited: 11:04 am, July 03, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
4. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

I don't have another connection flight at ORD and I'm flying in from outside the US. So I'm assuming I will arrive at terminal 5.

According to the map, terminal 5 is not connected to the other terminals. So I'm not sure if the luggage claim area will be connected either.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 64
5. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

You will claim your luggage in T5. Note - you can't take the luggage trolleys on the tram.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
6. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

T5 is not connected to the other terminals. After you claim your luggage in T5, you go through customs, exit to the arrivals area. But this is just T5. To get to the other terminals then you have to use the tram like other posters said. Each terminal has its own luggage claim area. T1 and T2 and T3's luggage claim areas are not directly adjacent to each other, either, but you can walk from one to another. T5 requires a train.

You will have to take your luggage with you and can't use a cart, like Dave said, so if you have a lot of luggage, it will be a little difficult.

Brussels, Belgium
7. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

Thanks, I'll be alright then.

8. Re: O'hare Terminal 5 to 1-2-3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014