We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on Hop off city tour

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N Ireland-UK
reviews: 42
Hop on Hop off city tour

I usually take a tour like this when I visit New York and I have found a website Viatour.com which offers Chicago tours, I am wondering has anyone heard of this website and if the 3 day tour passes are any good, I like just walking to a bus stop hopping on and being able to sit and relax whilst getting a narrated tour so this is why this type would appeal to me, I am staying at the Millennium Knickerbocker and was wondering is this hotel close by to get a boat tour as I would also like to do this.

Thanks in advance.

London
reviews: 201
1. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

I was just in town for first time last week, we did the 3 day hop on hop off tour, was $45, well worth it! They give you a full tour of downtown and area, about 1.5 hrs total. Made 12 stops I believe. Also included in the price was the South, West, North neighborhood tours. The tour guides are great, very informative! I think the buses ran at each stop every 10 minutes or so.... We did them all except the night tour as it was rained out that night. Also if you go on a wednesday they have free firework show at Navy Pier, which is also where you can do the boat tours.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 89
2. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

The bus tours are at the Hancock Plaza, one block behind your hotel. The river tours are at the Michigan Ave Bridge and Navy Pier. The concierge will assist you. Everything is within walking distance... If you like to walk.

Edited: 9:57 pm, June 18, 2013
N Ireland-UK
3. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

Thank you for your replies, this is excellent, I like to be aware of my pick ups before I go so this is perfect, thank you!

London
reviews: 201
4. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

fyi... the North Neighborhood tour does not run when the Cubs are playing at home.

And they will also give you discount ticket prices for some attractions like the Art Museum, Skydeck (Willis Tower) and more.... if you know what attractions you want that cost admission, ask them at the booths if they have discounts. They will sell you the tickets right there as well. For example think Skydeck is $18 and they charged us $15.... and wife got a discount on the Art Museum also.

Edited: 10:08 am, June 19, 2013
N Ireland-UK
5. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

what a helpful forum, thank you very much this is great to know as I want to do the sky deck.

6. Re: Hop on Hop off city tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2014