We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 50
Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

Have tickets for row s of section 2R - am concerned they will be too far away to see and down under the balcony - cannot find good seating charts.. do I need to sell them and buy others???

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 83
1. Re: Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

If I use the word I want to to describe row S I'd be censored. The Chicago names it's rows opposite of most theatres using double letter in front of single letters. ( The first row is AA. The last row is U) Not only are you under the balcony, you're under the boxes which are under the balcony and you are behind the pillars that hold up both. The 400 number seats are toward the center so the lower your seat # the further to the side you will be and the Chicago was built very wide for movies. It's very wide. The proscenium is 70 ft which is twice the standard width of most prosceniums so it fools you. Go to the balcony. The back row of the Chicago balcony is as far from the proscenium as the front row of the balcony at Lyric Opera House ( I think 175 ft) and balcony seating is steeper so the chance that you'll have a head blocking your view is less than on the orchestra floor (which was raked for a movie screen way above the footlight level)

Edited: 6:05 pm, February 28, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 50
2. Re: Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

Thank you so much!!! Have moved to balcony - row B - glad I trusted my gut!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 83
3. Re: Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

Good move You're two rows above the cross aisle. The three double letter rows in front of the cross aisle can have sight problems with the balcony railing and light rail.

4. Re: Chicago Theater - main floor back rows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 04, 2014